Thread: Chiptunes

Chiptunes

Would anyone be interested in creating a multipurpose thread for information on chiptune creation?

We could play it fast and lose and just post things, or we could have a pastebin and sticky it in this post with links organized by chip or console

Is anyone interested in this?

For the sake of discussion, here is a small course on using little sound dj on the gameboy

https://soundfly.com/courses/getting...ith-chip-music
    Last edited by Fe 26; 26 Jun 2016 at 07:57 PM.

2. I've always thought that it would be cool to have an interface board that would let me connect the SNES sound hardware to a computer. I don't really know quite what I'd do with it, but ever since I took my SNES apart and realized that the audio chip was a removable part, I've wondered if it could be used for anything else.

3. There's a chiptune thread in Music Discussion.

I'm not really sure what to contribute, but chiptunes are a hobby of mine. Mostly just with various trackers for the PC.

That is for the actual music, this would be for creation, hardware, the tech that behind each

I would like for it to be somewhere where Melf and GohanX would see it, since Melf might know the most about the actual hardware that pumps out the glorious sega fm tunes

(I also went through every page of that thread and I'm the only one that discussed the tech and it never went nowhere. It went 8 years without any discussion on the topics I want in this thread.)