Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: attn: Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    A lawyer and not just a real estate agent?

Our Agent uses lawyers, but we didn't need one ourselves.
    This is where I was last time.

2. You should hire Trump.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. You're an adult making a major decision, spend the $500, and be sure of the contract and closing.

When we bought the owl property I insisted our lawyer get a one page contract with no funny language. The first thing they gave us was unreadable. He did, and we probably wouldn't have had it if we didn't have an attorney.
    Boo, Hiss.

Best thing is the lawyer doing all the research to make sure the house is free and clear of any potential legal entanglements and getting the history of the property. $500 well spent imo.

He's just spending 100, 200k or something

Why would he want to protect his investment by spending another .5%?

Because it's frustrating that you have to throw money down the toilet because people can't deal straight up and honestly.

It's even more frustrating that all you need is reading skill and time and you can parse this shit yourself, but who wants to/who has time to unless you're getting paid?

Not everything that you can do yourself should be done by you. The lawyer world be much better at his job than you would be.
    Last edited by GohanX; 28 Jun 2016 at 12:04 PM.

8. attn: Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Because it's frustrating that you have to throw money down the toilet because people can't deal straight up and honestly.

It's even more frustrating that all you need is reading skill and time and you can parse this shit yourself, but who wants to/who has time to unless you're getting paid?
    It's not about being straight up and honest, I think most people have no interest in committing fraud. They don't want a lawsuit down the road.

It's just that the contracts and procedures go a certain way, and a lawyer exists to help ensure someone is representing your interests in the process. This is especially true of the initial contract signing when the terms of inspection, time frame, etc are being hashed out.

My closing got bogged down due a bunch of paperwork not going through the right channels, unless you're a lawyer you wouldn't get it yet it is very important when it comes to the claim of ownership.