Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: NES Classic Edition

Zero reason for any of you to buy this, really. How many different machines do you need to play Mario 3 on?

2. I'm flat out stunned Nintendo bothered to acknowledge third parties in this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    too much $

they might make a premium one though
    I think the pricing is fine. People pay $40 for those garbage Atari and Coleco clones that are filled with games no one cares about and a handful that some may. The emulation isn't great and they're composite only. This has a ton of hits (why no Contra?!), HDMI, and NINTENDO.
    It's going to do amazing numbers.
    I'm guessing it isn't expandable because they knew it'd be hacked five minutes after it hit the shelves, and they can follow the same upgrade path those other systems have. Release a new version next year with added games.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Zero reason for any of you to buy this, really. How many different machines do you need to play Mario 3 on?
    That's why I'm glad they didn't include any exclusives in this thing (as far as we know). It saves me from buying it.

5. If the selection was better I'd be tempted for something in the bedroom besides the PS3, but only one Ninja Gaiden and no Metal Storm? I'll pass. I just think it's a great idea for them to make money off all the nostalgia hunters who want to actually play some childhood games.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    All of them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    I'm flat out stunned Nintendo bothered to acknowledge third parties in this.
    I'm as stunned they bothered to acknowledge that nobody likes Urban Champion.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I think the pricing is fine. People pay $40 for those garbage Atari and Coleco clones that are filled with games no one cares about and a handful that some may. The emulation isn't great and they're composite only. This has a ton of hits (why no Contra?!), HDMI, and NINTENDO.
    It's going to do amazing numbers.
    I'm guessing it isn't expandable because they knew it'd be hacked five minutes after it hit the shelves, and they can follow the same upgrade path those other systems have. Release a new version next year with added games.
    No I am answering why there is no networking component. That or they figure people outside of gaming boards wouldn't give a damn. This is probably more for the people that don't know technology.

I'm not buying it either, though.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 14 Jul 2016 at 06:55 PM.

9. I follow conversations good.

10. I agree it should have at least had something that allowed it to add games. They could sell them in 30 game packs or some shit. Though yes it would have been hacked to hell and back 5 minutes after it got into people's hands.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.