Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 57676970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: NES Classic Edition

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I feel like when you have people spending 4-5X retail on the aftermarket, then there's room to make more and maintain the hot item status.
    That is true. Nobody will ever have the most accurate reporting determining exactly when to halt a business strategy.

Still, announcing the doubling of Switch production while discontinuing NES Classic production may or may not be related.

2. Quote Originally Posted by DJ Incompetent View Post
    They couldn't do both to a large-scale degree. In this initiative, they prioritized the free brand advertising in preparation for the Switch launch over maximizing the NES Classic revenue. Had they actually tried to sell enough, the word-of-mouth and throwaway news headlines about scarcity and "hot item" would have never taken off. Nintendo prioritized this NES as brand advertisement refresher above a short-term gain. 70+ page forum threads and social hashtaggery of talking about Nintendo in any context was a sought objective.
    Most people seem to be talking about how pissed they are at Nintendo. Mission accomplished?

3. Nintendo is everyone's ex-girlfriend that they won't shut the fuck up about even though it's been 20 years

4. If the bitch would stop sexting me asking to meet up and then is nowhere to be seen when I arrive maybe I could!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Most people seem to be talking about how pissed they are at Nintendo. Mission accomplished?
    Yes. Yes it is actually.
    Because by "pissed" we really mean "irritated." Being irritated with a company never leads to true boycott or avoiding a brand. Despite a lifetime of Nintendo fuckery (N64 controller pack shortages, Original DS replacement AC adapter shortages, wiimote shortages, Wii points card shortages, Amibo shortages, WiiU GC 4Player adapter shortages) everybody here has at least thought about if the SNES mini will be real and considered making arrangements on some level to grab one.

°
    That dot represents this forum, NeoGaf, gaming sites, PC master race, speedrunners, superplayers, the sum of veteran gamers and their genre-wide communities.

O
    This dot represents the intended reach of this brand advertisement strategy.

When gamers complain in the form of "stop creating artificial scarcity because we want to buy your stuff," the amplifying news voices oversimplify the message to "We want to buy your hot items." That message is passed along to careless parents and kids who interpret "Nintendo makes popular toys."

° "stop underproducing Nintendos on purpose" -> bad-game-of-telephone -> O "Nintendo makes popular toys"

And that's how a company can "purchase" a wave of sponsored content brand ads at a product cost completely paying for itself.

6. Best Buy is going to have these on the 24th. Heads up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Best Buy is going to have these on the 24th. Heads up.
    Joust is hooking me up with one of these which I'm grateful for but I'm going to try and get another just for KoF on the forums. If you guys want to help out some of the people here finally get one of these, Let's tag team the shit out of this and try to hook it up. Even if you get an extra, you know you'll be able to flip it for way more then it's worth but let's help our brothers out here 1st.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. If someone comes across an extra I'd take it, I'm going to swing by my nearest best buy on Monday but I won't be able to be there at open.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I wonder if BB in Canada is getting any. I'm flying back to Toronto tomorrow, and I would gladly take a look.

10. Go for it my man. Seriously guys I know some of you have one already but let's make an effort to go after this when they get restocked. Honestly I'm going to say we do the same for the Super Nintendo Mini as well since we all know it's going to be a clusterfuck when pre-orders happen.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL