Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project CARS (PC, PS4, One)

Project CARS (PC, PS4, One)

For some reason I had a gut feeling that this was going to be a train wreck by the time it came out because of its ambition. However, it's pulling a solid 85 on Metacritic and is Recommended by Eurogamer:

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Project Cars is, then, a serious game for serious racers. It's not inaccessible as such; on moderate difficulty settings, the career mode must be one of the most appealing and engaging interpretations of real-world motorsport video games have ever produced. But it is a game that doesn't come to you. You need to go to it: finding precisely the right settings for your taste and skill level, discovering its more out-of-the way content and features for yourself, learning to appreciate its community's love of a tight line and a fair fight.
    Digital Foundry did an initial performance analysis but should have a full Face Off coming too.

edit: I left out what might be the best part: VR support:

2. This is a game made by and for Europeans.

3. Project CARS. Project CARS? Working titles are supposed to only be used while you're working, guys. Revising a few Powerpoint slides won't kill you.

That said, this looks good, but it doesn't look like I'll have time to get to it this year. Next year looks packed, too, what with Forza: Franchise Installment and T.B.D. 2016 coming out.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 08 May 2015 at 01:47 PM.

Everyone knows racing simulators need Italian names. Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, and Assetto Corsa are proof of that. Clearly they should have called this game Projetto Macchina.

5. Project Cars looks good but I'm waiting on Forza Motorsport 6 to see how it fares in features compared to this.

I also saw that it has a bunch of screen tearing and slowdown on both versions which sucks.

6. You should get this. It's not Forza it's closer in some ways to Gran Turismo, minus the absurd car roster.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Error; 08 May 2015 at 01:46 PM.

7. Don't like sims, bummer it looks gorgeous.

8. You can play it like a full sim or like an arcade game, lots of options to tweak.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Project Cars looks good but I'm waiting on Forza Motorsport 6 to see how it fares in features compared to this.

I also saw that it has a bunch of screen tearing and slowdown on both versions which sucks.
    There are THREE

;p

and WiiU apparently but lol

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Console math