Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuzo Koshiro's Gotta Protectors (Protect Me Knight 2) 3DS

1. Yuzo Koshiro's Gotta Protectors (Protect Me Knight 2) 3DS

I was worried I'd never see this game released outside of Xbox Indies, but here's a sequel! And being released so close to my birthday, too. FATE.

I'm loving the greater control over the barricades that they added. They were a huge pain in the original game. I just hope this doesn't mean they're trying to push the strategy over the button smashy this time around.

2. HIROSHI KAWAGUCHI IS INVOLVED??

Holy shit! I hadn't heard of this game before, but I will definitely be picking this up. It looks like a blast, and with that kind of musical talent involved, the soundtrack alone is worth the price.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    HIROSHI KAWAGUCHI IS INVOLVED??
    Oh snap. I thought he was basically retired (married into money, IIRC). Shinji Hosoe is a nice get too.

4. God dammit I'm in.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. The FM music they talk about at the end is an $8 DLC for this $13 game. It's fucking worth it anyway.

I know what I'm spending my Nintendo 30% off birthday coupon on.

6. Gotta Protectors is available today in North America.

I don't recall playing Protect Me Knight on XBLIG, but I'm certainly aware of it. This sequel looks to expand on it tremendously, I'd definitely like to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I know what I'm spending my Nintendo 30% off birthday coupon on.
    Isn't it limited to stuff they decide, most of which is digital versions of retail games?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Isn't it limited to stuff they decide, most of which is digital versions of retail games?
    Ugh, you were right. Fuck that. Nintendo doesn't get invited to my birthday BBQ next year.

...but this game deserves all of the money. It's really fun! They changed JUST ENOUGH to add an extra dimension to it without ruining the formula. I really miss the English, but the new dialogue is pretty damn funny anyway.

I only know because I just had the same disappointment.

10. This is a game by Yuzo Koshiro? The same dude who did the Streets of Rage music?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL