Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. This is really fucking good.

Like quite possibly the best sonic game ever made good. The bosses are phenomenal, and I like the new chaos emerald bonus stages. Although fuck the 3 bonus stages.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I haven't hit a game over yet, do you restart the zone or the act? I would assume the former.

Anyway, the game is really, really good so far. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say it could be the best 2D Sonic, yeah.

3. Don't want to ruin anything, but am floored by how they handle 'old' zones in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Yeah, this is really good. No surprise there. Most of the old stages feel pretty fresh, which was my biggest concern going in. I'd still like to see a sequel with all new stages though.

I like the Sonic 3 bonus stages, but they do feel like a bit much here. Both because there are too many of them, too many opportunities, and the Special Stages are also in. It just feels like overkill, and the quantity of stages makes it harder to memorize them.

5. This game runs like rotten dick on XBO and it makes no fucking sense.

6. Have you tried blowing the cartridge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. That's... Odd. The PC version runs on like a 286 with EGA.

8. I just picked this up for my Switch and I'm pleasantly surprised with the game so far. Sometimes the levels feel obtuse and I'm not sure if I'm progressing or backtracking but I usually hit a spring or something that gets me going again. Love playing with old level themes and music with new level layouts and especially love the bosses so far with one early throwback in particular giving me a good laugh!

I haven't played a Sonic game since Adventure 2 so this is hitting the spot for me!

Edit: Damn Chux, that is awful!! Anyone play the PS4 version?
    Last edited by Changeling; 15 Aug 2017 at 01:43 PM.

9. Yep, it runs perfectly on the PS4.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.