Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Buying CEs to flip is a mug's game. Evidenced by the Fallout 4 pip boy I have sitting on top of my bar cabinet. Buy it only if you want the dumb shit they pack in with it.

2. Finished this off. Only like 3 Chaos Emeralds and like 7 gold/9 silver medals, so clearly a lot of work left to do.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Buying CEs to flip is a mug's game. Evidenced by the Fallout 4 pip boy I have sitting on top of my bar cabinet. Buy it only if you want the dumb shit they pack in with it.
    Yep I goofed on this one too. Still have mine in the closet

Done buying physical junk

4. I think my least favorite thing about this game is the fact that the bonus stages cycle regardless of if you beat them or not. Those stages require practice and memorization and there's like fucking 40 of them so every time you're probably fucking it up again by the time you realize "Oh that was THIS stage."

5. Color recognition plays a role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Sonic Mania (PC PS4 XBO 2017)

What a garbage last level. I don't ever want to do that again.

7. Which last level? I've only just beat the game with 2 emeralds, but given this is a Sonic game, I'd imagine there's a big ol' Super Sonic showdown.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Which last level? I've only just beat the game with 2 emeralds, but given this is a Sonic game, I'd imagine there's a big ol' Super Sonic showdown.
    Regular ol Boo Boo last level, with the teleporting and shit.
    The boss was easy, the stage was obtuse.

9. The stage was totally Sonic Heroes in length. Way too long. Unlike Sonic Heroes stages, it was at least interesting throughout.

Has anyone unlocked anything in the Extras menu yet? It's still a big ol' stack of questions marks for me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Regular ol Boo Boo last level, with the teleporting and shit.
    The boss was easy, the stage was obtuse.
    Odd, I found this level pretty easy to follow. It had a kind of hub structure, which was different for a Sonic game, but not hard to grasp.

Just beat the game with all the emeralds. There is indeed a final boss battle with super sonic. Nothing too tricky, since you're invincible, but time counting down puts pressure on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Has anyone unlocked anything in the Extras menu yet? It's still a big ol' stack of questions marks for me.
    Not yet. I have like 19 medals. Apparently it doesn't really make a difference if they're silver or gold. The only distinction is the achievement for gold ones.

So far I unlocked Sonic CD and Sonic 3 movesets, "& Knuckles" mode, which lets you have Knuckles as your "tag along", and Debug mode, which works the same way as in classic games, allowing you to teleport around and insert objects. Useful for mapping.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 17 Aug 2017 at 12:14 AM.