Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Give me a 300 MBcartridge MEGASHOCK with powerful upgrade chips that can run Sonic Mania on the Genny. Released in limited quantity for $499 a cart simultaneously with the current gen consoles.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 18 Aug 2017 at 08:13 PM.

Someone will eventually do it, even if it means building something like a 32x on roids in cart form that bypasses most of the genny and uses just the control interface.

Anyway, so I couldn't wait. I went to my friend's place and we split the cost. I got to the water level.

I guess that is the end of the game for me. I don't see myself beating that boss.

also, other thoughts

I think the bosses need a little tweaking. I feel like some of them were not fully play tested. Like the creators had a very specific idea of how people would beat them. Like the spider. Sometimes you pass through the yellow star. Sometimes you get crushed by the spikes. Too often your ring bounces off screen. Sometimes tails will grab you and tote you right into spikes. The helicopter boss is similar. Their is a sweet spot where you should run to get everything to go just right. It doesn't feel like it was tested with other positions on the screen.

Also, the ps4 dpad is shit. There is lag on the special stages from sonic 3. Vintage lag I guess?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

Also, the ps4 dpad is shit. There is lag on the special stages from sonic 3. Vintage lag I guess?
    It's not lag it uses step based controls/animation.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, this.
    I guess I'll start unlocking the other garbage and going after emeralds today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So, functionally, it is lag?

7. It's exactly what it was in Sonic 3. You move a full square at a time, you can turn on a square, you can't take half steps that don't reset into one square or the other.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 19 Aug 2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Think of it as grid based movement.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Beat it! That last level was breezy, are people having a hard time with it?
    Felt like the last stage of any Sonic game, to me. They were always the longest/most obnoxious. Yeah, even (especially) Flying Battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Flying Battery was stage 2 of 3 or before snowcap if you are playing the corrected romhack.