Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    There's a decent argument to be made that this has the most polished and best balanced level design in the series..
    Horseshit

It uses brighter colors and mixes colors so they pop. And the sprites have more frames of animation and everything runs at 60 fps.

That doesn't translate into balanced or polish.

It's a fun game and I like the character they have given the sprites and their interactions but most balanced and polished? Please.

2. Are you just upset because you can't beat a level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I still say the first game has the best balance. The design of the whole have is super tight.

Except Labyrinth Zone. Fuck that shit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Horseshit

It uses brighter colors and mixes colors so they pop. And the sprites have more frames of animation and everything runs at 60 fps.

I'm not talking about how they look... I just like how they pull together all the diverse elements of Sonic without ever veering into Sonic Adventure 2 speed overkill or Marble Garden/Sandopolis throwing the breaks on.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I think if you're gonna play one Sonic game, this is the one. I sorely miss having Ice Cap Zone, though.
    My dude.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Horseshit

It's a fun game and I like the character they have given the sprites and their interactions but most balanced and polished? Please.

jackingintothewind.gif

Anyway, this game has some of the best remixes of the various level tracks I've heard in a while.

I've been watching some reviews of the game on youtube and man do I love the bitter tears of the early 20 something crowd. Some are crying about how it isn't super meat boy or freedom planet. More crying about cheap deaths.

Man, babbies. I can't imagine what these kids would have done with pre sonic 1 gen games. I don't know if it was the first, but it definitely popularized the concept of being able to save your own ass after being hit via the ring play mechanic. Before that, a lot of gen games were ports of arcade games or arcadesk games that would usually kill the mc with 1 or 2 hits, then a level restart, and then a game over after 3 lives are spent.

3 lives and the save feature of sonic 3 is, frankly, amazing for that period of gaming.

The original composer did 16 bit remixes of some of the mania specific tracks

Those MJ samples

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Man, babbies.
    yep