Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3444464748495052 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. A good way to play spot the bore at a party is to listen to who starts talking about the flying spaghetti monster first. Avoid talking to that person at all costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    now I'm being told the burden of proof is on both the believer and non-believer?
    As soon as the word "believer" applies to you, with or without a prefix, the burden of proof is on you. This is why it's hysterical that atheists try to claim science. Their belief is the opposite of science. That's why people like Tyson and Bill Gates actively avoid that label.

3. Sonic Mania (PC PS4 XBO 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This is the debate that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was created for.
    FSM originally came about in an argument over intelligent design. Ultimately here the question is not whether or not god is a bowl of pasta (which is largely an aesthetic question) but how did we get species differentiation. And in this question, the burden of proof actually is on both sides, but only one side has solid evidence. If someday somebody had proof of ID that discounts evolution then evolution will be thrown in the trash can. So it actually is totally consistent with the debate.

IP mentioned the existence of God. Many great thinkers have put forward their ideas on proofs of existence, his nature, etc. Ultimately in a search for truth, which is what this is, it is up to everyone who wants to join in that search to put forward their ideas. Read any Socratic dialogue and you will get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    As soon as the word "believer" applies to you, with or without a prefix, the burden of proof is on you. This is why it's hysterical that atheists try to claim science. Their belief is the opposite of science. That's why people like Tyson and Bill Gates actively avoid that label.
    I'm sure plenty of atheist would argue that the absence of belief is not a belief in itself.

But that doesn't really matter. This thread is about Sonic Mania and you've all went off on a tangent.

The only reason the god comment was made was to illustrate that it isn't my job to prove people wrong that make unsupported comments like this is the most balanced and polished sonic.

And to avoid further tangential conversation, I'll just be blunt: fuck you, it isn't my job to prove your unsupported statements. No amount of posting on your part will convince me that it is my job.

Now, lets stop having a 2004 tnl discussion on how you joyless sacks interpret philosophy and religion and talk about sonic mania. We can only talk about religion if you now worship sonic mania or the characters within.

5. You can point out spots where it isn't. If someone asks me why I think game xyz sucks I can usually justify it. Ultimately it's an opinion.

6. We've all gone off on a tangent, you see.

So far, what is everyone's favorite tracks?

Chemical Plant and Flying Battery are still pretty strong imo

Last edited by Fe 26; 21 Aug 2017 at 02:06 PM.

And on a related note, they are going to put out a soundtrack on vinyl

https://data-discs.com/products/sonic-mania#

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. I really like the Act 2 remixes.

10. It's kinda weird to me that Sonic 3&K keeps track of what special stage rings you've found yet Sonic Mania does not.

Locking players out of re-using a ring on a given save file seems like a good and natural way to encourage exploration, and these stages are big.