Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3141434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I've been watching some reviews of the game on youtube and man do I love the bitter tears of the early 20 something crowd. Some are crying about how it isn't super meat boy or freedom planet. More crying about cheap deaths.
    To be fair, there are some odd deaths I've had that seem like they're actually bugs. Sonic died SEVERAL times during the Oil Ocean boss for no apparent reason. I figured out sometimes when you're standing on the platforms as they're being pulled down, the game treats it as a death even though you just end up in the oil.

...but even then, I figured out the bug and got around it. They're definitely still babbies, but I hope those bugs are fixed.

One bug I noticed with bosses is that sometimes rings bounce off the screen. And its not all bosses. Sometimes they bounce back. Sometimes they go right through the walls.

3. That's always been the case. Since Sonic 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I've figured out how to dig around the Knuckles start area with Sonic consistently, you grab that first invincibility monitor then run forward until you get to where there's a spot you can drop down and double back over some spikes. Drop while moving towards the wall, and you kinda hook into a glitched platform, then drop down, suddenly you're in the Knuckles level. Grab the lightning shield before you go too far back, otherwise there are ledges Sonic can't jump to without the double jump.

hmm, I just beat 1 through SK. I don't recalled rings not bouncing off boss areas that had walls.

6. Random clipping properties, what can ya do. Occasionally you'd get some weird shit like a ring stuck on one frame just floating five pixels above the ground.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It's a fun game and I like the character they have given the sprites and their interactions but most balanced and polished? Please.
    I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to with "balance and polish," but here's what I know:
    * The stages are super fun to play
    * I always feel like there's another path beyond the one I'm taking that I could have gone down, making me excited to explore
    * Every act has something new going on in it, which hugely helps with the fatigue I could feel as a zone's act all started feeling the same
    * Every act having a boss is rad

So, those things (combined with others) make this the Sonic game I'd want to go back to, as opposed to previous entries
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to with "balance and polish,"
    I'm referring to it as a thing people are saying about mania. People in this thread have said it.

And no one actually can support that statement outside of it looks newer. Which is kind of "duh" but doesn't mean it is the most balanced or polished.

9. I don't know about "balanced and polished," but it's far and away the best 2D Sonic game ever, with great boss battles and tons of fan service. It's a must-buy for old fogies.

10. Step one, worry about backlash to new popular thing. Step two, when backlash does not hit attempt to manufacture backlash personally.