Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    That music is so fucking fresh.
    I love that the lead instrument is the unaltered Genesis sound.

Ahem. If I may shamelessly plug my own Sonic remix, some of you might get a kick out of it.

It's Sonic music mashed with Streets of Rage music to make Sonic and Bare Knuckle, because I can't resist a pun that bad/good.

2. So... Could the Saturn have pulled this game off? I'm going to think of this as the Saturn game we never got. I'm so happy this exists.

3. Possibly? There might be some sneaky 3D going on here, like... Saturn could handle the graphics tiles no problem, but some of the rotation / the game engine, probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    the lead instrument is the unaltered Genesis sound.
    https://youtu.be/f_fqxKwVSJM

5. One interesting thing about Sonic and Knuckles is that it is region free and can let you play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on a US system using a JP Sonic 3 (which is normally region locked) and vice versa. It even has a notch for the model 1 JP Megadrive.

6. I must admit I only ever tried Sonic CD on an emulator once a long time ago, but it didn't immediately grab me like Sonic 2 or 3 does. I remember thinking the level design was weird but wanted to stick with it because everyone hyped it up so much. I guess I didn't stick with it.

7. Having been disillusioned by so many of the most recent Sonic games in the past few years, as well as having an overal cynical eye towards SEGA nowadays, THIS actually gives me hope - giving it to a group of passionate indie devs might be the fresh infusion Sonic needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    So... Could the Saturn have pulled this game off? I'm going to think of this as the Saturn game we never got. I'm so happy this exists.
    Saturn pulled off Virtual On. With Netlink online play. Of course it could.

8. Sonic 2 is bad

9. Sonic 2 was great for playing co-op with my nephew. He sucked at the game, but Tails has unlimited lives, so it didn't slow us down.

Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure is probably my favourite, though.

This is going to be $20 on Steam ($18 if you preorder), but the Collector's Edition has an MSRP of $70? It should come with a working Genesis for that price difference.