Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Ah. Thanks Yeller!

2. That music is so fucking fresh.

3. Sonic 2 is the bomb, I thought 3 + Knuckles was great too. The animation updates were sweet. Didn't +Knuckles add a bunch of levels to 3?

Very very very interested in this

Sonic and Knuckles was just about the same length as Sonic 3, maybe a tad shorter. Together they made a long ass game. I just played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles a couple weeks ago, it gets some hate but I love it.

5. AH, that's right! I forgot about that. I borrowed both from a friend at the same time, and didn't know S&K had its own level set. Back when I first played 3 + Knuckles, before I had gotten to the Knuckles levels, I guess there was some loose connection between the cartridges and it jumped me right to them (ignoring Sonic 3). I thought I discovered some crazy hidden levels for a little bit.

With the two attached you basically just play through all of Sonic 3's levels, skip the last boss, and then go straight to S&K. The plus side is that S&K on its own doesn't have saving, and it's way too long to not save. There are also a fan rom out there that allows you to tweak S&K, which includes the option for a different stage order that blends the two games a bit better.

yeah Sonic 3 +SnK is great.

There are too many people upset that 3 wasn't as great as 2, and SnK wasn't in turn as good as 3. But hey, they were all fun.

8. I'm pretty sure I like 3+K better than 2 now. There's a lot of meat to that game. I'd be curious to check out that level reorder!

Sonic CD gets a little worse over time for me, but I love the intro/outro movies so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Sonic CD's levels are the opposite of tight and concise, so they feel less well made. But that direction was intentional. The team was playing with the CD format.

10. I know it's intentional, but it can be intentional and 'less good'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!