Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

I think you missed my point, which is par for the course.

2. You asked a question, I offered my opinion in response. Let's not huff and puff about it.

3. There is no way on this earth the game is a "cash run".
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. it's a ring run

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    There is no way on this earth the game is a "cash run".
    I think it depends on whose motivations you're looking at. For the developers, it's clearly a passion project. For Sega, however, other than pressing a few discs and molding some plastic, what are they adding? To me, the bar should be higher for an officially published game than a fan project, and it's not yet clear that Sega is doing anything to meet that bar.

6. By that standard what isn't a cash run?

Anything that is released through a publisher that uses technology of the 21st Century would be a place to start. I don't want them to rush. I mean we're not quite two decades in.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I think it depends on whose motivations you're looking at. For the developers, it's clearly a passion project. For Sega, however, other than pressing a few discs and molding some plastic, what are they adding? To me, the bar should be higher for an officially published game than a fan project, and it's not yet clear that Sega is doing anything to meet that bar.
    I don't even know what this means. What are they supposed to be adding? The dev is making an incredible Sonic game that's better than anything we've had in years, so that isn't enough? It doesn't feel like a fan project—it feels like a natural evolution of the 16-bit era of Sonic, only with way more love and unique elements put into the stages.

What specifically do you want beyond that?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

You have the advantage of having played it, so my opinion may change once I do.

edit: However, "a natural evolution of the 16-bit era of Sonic" shouldn't be 16-bit anymore, especially 20+ years later. What I want is a Sonic game that looks like Hardcore Uprising or Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-, regardless of price.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 02 Jun 2017 at 03:23 PM.

10. Maybe so. Still, I pine for a professional Doom WAD these days.

Also Sonic isn't that good, blast processing rotted your brain