Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Maybe you should write for Polygon.

2. I'd have the best reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    It's a dumb criticism except for the fact that I think it is an outdated concept. In the arcades it makes sense because money. For kids it makes sense because you'd get told "Once you get Game Over, it's time to quit and go outside" (and even that doesn't make a ton of sense). But for me? Pointless.
    Don't you have a Cave game to credit feed? This kind of bullshit is how DHs and goalie trapezoids happen.

4. The funny thing is that Arthur Gies writes some variant of that in any game that isn't a walking simulator. That guy legitimately sucks at video games and has no interest in even trying to get better; he was probably the one playing Doom in that pre-release video.

I have no idea who that is. I have a feeling that's a feature.

6. He's one of the founders of the site.

I don't even intentionally avoid Polygon like Kotaku. It's just so irrelevant that I don't even have to try to ignore it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Don't you have a Cave game to credit feed? This kind of bullshit is how DHs and goalie trapezoids happen.
    What? If you have rare checkpoints, I don't really know what the point of lives is. If there are checkpoints every three feet, then yeah, you can just brute force it. But if you have a stage that has what, one checkpoint? Or zero? I mean, what's the point of having the lives in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    It's a dumb criticism except for the fact that I think it is an outdated concept. In the arcades it makes sense because money. For kids it makes sense because you'd get told "Once you get Game Over, it's time to quit and go outside" (and even that doesn't make a ton of sense). But for me? Pointless.

Sonic was never great. But I am still tempted by this. Even if I was super excited, I'd still wait for the PC one because I'm tired of double dipping.
    if it is like 3 or SK, it probably isn't that hard, making no restarts kind of pointless.