Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

Looking really good! Like if a Sonic game required both a 32X and a Sega CD.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    it'll be good this time, I just know it...
    Stealth and Christian Whitehead both involved. It'll play right at the very least.

I'm like, really excited for this. They have the right people involved to make this what Sonic 4 should have been.

3. I am down for this. But will need to get a console or build a PC to play this.

I'm not sure I like these retro games from large publishers, but it can't be worse than Sonic Boom.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not sure I like these retro games from large publishers, but it can't be worse than Sonic Boom.
    Publisher aside, this is made by some of the most respected people in the Sonic fan community.

In other news, it looks like they're also doing Sonic Generations 2.

That's more exciting to me.

edit: I watched bVork's video before the one in the OP. The first one makes more sense.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Jul 2016 at 09:12 AM.

If reviews are kinda good I might day 1 it. Gotta vote with your wallet ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Stealth and Christian Whitehead both involved. It'll play right at the very least.

I'm like, really excited for this. They have the right people involved to make this what Sonic 4 should have been.
    Yeah, with them involved, this could end up being the first post-Genesis Sonic to get the physics right.

More gameplay:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIMF7rvjHG3/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIMF_AaD1GA/
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 23 Jul 2016 at 11:57 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Looking really good! Like if a Sonic game required both a 32X and a Sega CD.
    Yup! It's like Knuckles' Chaotix with actual Art Direction. I'm loving this palette.

Christian Whitehead's reimagined Hidden Palace Zone in mobile Sonic 2 was pretty great. I'm really excited about this.

Sonic's popcorn machine is in Studiopolis Zone! I'm hoping this means more Sega in-jokes!

10. I do wish Green Hill Zone was remade a bit more liberally to fit the style of the newer stuff. Still time for that though I guess