Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4454565758

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Fuck it, picked it up anyhow. It dumps you right in to Sonic 3, I feel ok with this.

Ray plays like Cape Mario. The redeco levels are fun, it's weird seeing alt colors for super familiar Genesis zones; occasionally an enemy from somewhere else pops up.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 17 Jul 2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Happy day, now the collectards can finally play this game that most of us have been praying for a year now!

3. It's a little glitchy in places; vs the Sonic 2 final boss Robotnik I went from a Sonic/Ray team to a Sonic/Mighty team after a 'sort-of' fall death that just instantly respawned with a different character.

So it's still a Sonic game, is what I'm saying.

edit: Not a glitch, actually! They did a weird thing where you respawn from a checkpoint as one of the other characters, you can bank up all 5 on a single life.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 18 Jul 2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Pretty sure the new Mania stuff is $5.00
    Yeah, I had to pay $5...

Which is honestly a steal, considering the core game is so good, and the Encore mode is really great. New characters are genuinely interesting gameplay-wise, the pinball bonus game is lots of fun, and the remixed stages are smart ways to liven up old material.

I could see any number of other devs/publishers trying to sell something this good as part of an all-or-nothing season pass for $30, where 80% of it is shit and 20% may be as good as this. $5 instead is a really nice place to be for good DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.