Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    They're not exactly breaking new ground when it comes to CEs not including a disc...
    Ducktales Remastered is certainly one example that comes to mind...only for them to release a disc version at a later date. I'm sure the same thing will happen with this Sonic Mania CE. Admittedly, the Sonic Mania collectibles look pretty damn cool though.

2. Halo 5 was another.

3. Might and Magic Heroes VII was another. Looks like Battlefield 1 will be discless too.

4. Shovel Knight was download only first as well, right?

I will buy this because it's old school Sonic standing on a fucking Genesis. As if I needed more reason than that. If they release a disc version later on, I'll get that as well.

5. It seems crummy for a game otherwise on disc to not have a disc in the CE. But since this game is being release as a download-only title at launch, that's a lot more understandable.

6. What are the chances that the console makers would expect a larger cut if a disc version were involved?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Shovel Knight was download only first as well, right?

I will buy this because it's old school Sonic standing on a fucking Genesis. As if I needed more reason than that. If they release a disc version later on, I'll get that as well.
    This is pretty much my stance as well. I'm dissappointed in the lack of a physical release but I hope they change that later.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. It's worth noting maybe that the "statue" is a CAD mockup. Actual results will vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm dissappointed in the lack of a physical release
    That's what she said.

10. $15 toy with a $65 markup.