Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo-Geo Hotel System

1. Neo-Geo Hotel System

SNK's Neo-Geo also came as a Hotel system. This one's big enough to rest a TV on top of, and is so rare that one went for over $1500 on eBay. It is also called the Neo-Geo Deck Room Amusement System, or RAS.

Playright's Neo Geo Hotel System article with pictures
    Neo-geo.com forum: NGD-RAS bios dumped
    Playright may be wrong on the coins for time thing- a poster in the neo-geo.com thread above contradicts them and says it takes one coin per play. RAS uses controllers that are similar to the AES sticks. I like this idea, SNK was surely onto something.

Now some poster on neo-geo.com had a microwave die, then decided to make a mock RAS of it. The pictures show an MVS board being stuck in there, and eventually there's a shot of KOF 2000 on the TV. TBH I don't think it looks that similar. He says he'll slap some decals on it (I'm guessing so it looks less unlike the real one ). So... here's the Faux-tel unit.
    NGC forum again: El Capitan converts a dead microwave into a fake Neo-Geo hotel unit.

They are cool, but it would cost a bitch to own one. Nintendo had Hotel kiosks too I believe. Best we had was slot machines in Hotel rooms in Vegas.

3. That's pretty cool, if not impractical.

I've heard of these, but I had never seen pictures of one. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Nintendo had Hotel kiosks too I believe.
    Yep. Super Famicom ones at a minimum.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yep. Super Famicom ones at a minimum.
    I've come across N64 ones about a decade ago too, always a rip off of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

Were they physical units or just the downloadable things? I don't think I've seen physical N64 hotel units.

8. What would've really been an epic win? An SNK Channel for the Neo-Geo. SNK could've done really well selling a service to play arcade quality games at home without shelling out $200+ a cart (this idea is a bit like what Taito wanted to do with the WOWOW). RAM upgrades could've been released at later times to deal with games such as Blazing Star (346 Meg, actually not that much larger than Pulstar's 305) and Garou (688 Meg).

The download times would've been crazy unless SNK required a broadband internet connection for it instead of a Sega Channel style cable hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Were they physical units or just the downloadable things? I don't think I've seen physical N64 hotel units.
    http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=441431

Half and Half. Also in the Kid's play area at Mcdonalds they have Gamecube's for the kiddys to play.

Kid's
    Mcdonalds
    Gamecube's
    Could you please at least be consistent in your misuse of apostrophes?