Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Forces (NS, PC, PS4, One)

Sonic Forces (NS, PC, PS4, One)

Considering this one is by the team(s) that made the last two good Sonic games, I'm more excited for it than Sonic Mania.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 13 Jun 2017 at 01:38 PM.

2. Sumo Digital is making this?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

Considering this one is by the team(s) that made the last two good Sonic games, I'm more excited for it than Sonic Mania.
    It's also the same team that made Lost World and Shadow the Hedgehog, dude.

4. This is Sega realizing New Sonic games aren't good without Old Sonic. Yet, they stubbornly stick with New Sonic so the kids buy them.

...which I guess gives also us Sonic Mania. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's also the same team that made Lost World and Shadow the Hedgehog, dude.
    Yeah, this game is guaranteed to be good.

*cough*

6. What's the likelihood that the "team" that made the games Yoshi liked is even comprised of the same people? The way development talent plays musical chairs these days, I'd say past performance is not indicative of future results.

That's certainly true, but at least this isn't just officially sanctioned retro laziness a la Mega Man 9-10. Admittedly, the Genesis-style retro is a lot less tired than the NES at least.

Generations, Colors, and even Lost World are all solid games. They just fall flat when compared to the Genesis games and 3d Marios, and it's hard not to compare them to those. I'm optimistic Project Sonic 2017 will be a good game since it seems like they're not rushing it out. At this point Mania has me much more interested, though. That one has impressive gameplay footage at least.

9. Mania doesn't strike me as retro laziness it more feels like Fantasy Zone II DX where they're doing things the hard way to make something really faithful.

I guess we'll find out, though I am not sure those things are mutually exclusive.