Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1012131415 LastLast

Thread: This Months Haul August 2016

1. How is Secret Weapon of Normandy? I remember the Secret weapons series on PC and those instruction book is like a tome.

2. That it took a "sale" of 60% off to get the item within the range of the actual going rate was my point. At the end of the day you got something you wanted for around what it sells for. That's great. Just saying that it wasnt a great deal or anything and that $50 is greatly overblown- in response to Icarusfall's post.

3. remember all the grown ass men crying when squeenix unveiled that ff7 remaster? that's probably the target for that $50 price point

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That it took a "sale" of 60% off to get the item within the range of the actual going rate was my point. At the end of the day you got something you wanted for around what it sells for. That's great. Just saying that it wasnt a great deal or anything and that $50 is greatly overblown- in response to Icarusfall's post.
    I can understand why they were doing it. I think that you will find that a lot of brick and mortar stores will have overpriced copies of the game, because they paid a lot for those copies a couple of years ago, when the prices were sky high. I saw it as an opportunity to get a copy in really nice condition, for the same price as a gamble purchase from an online seller. I've had the game discs for over a decade, without the case and manual. I just wanted to have a complete version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    How is Secret Weapon of Normandy? I remember the Secret weapons series on PC and those instruction book is like a tome.
    The Xbox version has a 32 page instruction manual. It's cool to see games like this with a complete manual that explains the game in full detail. I have digital games that I received for free from Origin, but I can't even play them, because you obviously need a manual to understand how to play those games.
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Aug 2016 at 12:24 AM.

5. I find a lot of brick and mortar stores are crap. Do the same stores keep prices low on games they paid nothing for years ago but now are stupid expensive? Probably not, so that street has to go both ways. Besides, they should be used to losing money on games, unless they don't stock new titles. I lose hundreds every month because of new games.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I find a lot of brick and mortar stores are crap. Do the same stores keep prices low on games they paid nothing for years ago but now are stupid expensive? Probably not, so that street has to go both ways. Besides, they should be used to losing money on games, unless they don't stock new titles. I lose hundreds every month because of new games.
    They didn't deal with games older than the original PlayStation. They also didn't give you store credit for your trade-ins; they gave you cash in hand. When I finished playing Fallout 4 on the PS4, I got $40 in cash when I'd sold it to them. So, the stakes were much higher for them with older titles that they had paid the customers cash for. I also sold my old iPhone 16 GB 4 GS ($75?) and 8 GB 5C ($60?) to them for cash. This was a store that was selling DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, HD displays, cell phones, records, CDs, new videogames, guitars and gaming consoles. They were running this business in an old Michaels store location, so the amount of retail space they were renting couldn't have been all that cheap. They are moving into a site next door that is about half of the floor space of their current location.

http://www.entertainmart.com/

7. Got a heat gun, time to reseal every game and put on ebay.

8. $50 day one for Madden? Either shit fell off a truck or they enjoy making $1-2 per unit.

9. Loss leader?
    Bros need more pads for bros and such.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    $50 day one for Madden? Either shit fell off a truck or they enjoy making $1-2 per unit.
    I honestly don't know how you do it. People are so fucking cheap these days and the profit on video games and systems is nothing.