Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: This Months Haul August 2016

Presenting the Mark IV:

The pictures are almost two weeks overdue, but I had to wait for that final touch. It's white, and it's my fourth full (mobo/CPU) build, which made the name obvious to me.

It's worth noting that I'm still experimenting with different air flow configurations. For example, the CPU fan is now on the opposite side. The PSU I'll need a stand to be able to flip, because I don't want it sucking up carpet fiber.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've been doing most of my old gaming on a 20" PVM but decided I'd rather have something bigger. I've been having a hard time finding a 27" though, my local Craigs seems to have nothing but 32" most of the time and that's just too large for me to easily move and handle.

I loaded up Daytona USA PS3 version since it's a great game for testing colors, and ye gods, it's beautiful! Laserdisc is pretty great on it too.
    What's a PVM, Progressive Video Monitor?

Yeah, I have a 32" Hi-Scan Wega. The thing weighs over 170 pounds, and I have to pretty much dead lift it onto a rolling cart to move it. I haven't moved it in over 5 years, so I don't know if I can still lift it. The Xbox and Gamecube look pretty nice in progressive scan though.

I also have the same 27" (2003) Wega that you picked up. I keep it for light gun games that won't work on my progressive scan 32" television. I don't know if it's the screen, but the DC light gun games don't work so well with the outer edges of the screen. I've heard that some televisions work better than others for the Dreamcast. It work perfectly for the Saturn light gun games though.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I recently lost my Wega. The movers dropped it. Zero sum game.
    Still turns on, but the bottom few inches of the screen are cut off.
    I have never let a mover touch any of my electronics items. They move furniture and that's it.

They slightly damaged my old entertainment center when we moved in the house, and I've moved that thing by myself without damaging it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Aug 2016 at 04:58 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Presenting the Mark IV:

The pictures are almost two weeks overdue, but I had to wait for that final touch. It's white, and it's my fourth full (mobo/CPU) build, which made the name obvious to me.

It's worth noting that I'm still experimenting with different air flow configurations. For example, the CPU fan is now on the opposite side. The PSU I'll need a stand to be able to flip, because I don't want it sucking up carpet fiber.

That looks great. I usually avoid windows but there is obviously a reason for it.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

You were completely right about the case. That picture says it all about the cable management, and it's amazingly cool and quiet.

5. Can't rep you again right now, so "Sleek lookin' case!" Yoshi.

Thanks! The case came recommended my multiple other TNLers. It's a Fractal Design Define R5 in case anyone else is looking.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Nah. 100% gold from these guys. Who wouldn't want a copy of Door Kickers for the Vita?

lol. I hear that game is neat if you like army mans tactics, tho

Yeah, almost none of their releases appeal to me, too. I love what they're doing, though. It's a little extra cash for the indie devs making pennies on Steam sales AND a neat and FUNCTIONAL piece of merchandise for a handful of people that really like that game.
    It's a great concept. Soldner X2 and Abe are only ones I really wanted but I love portable gaming so I've picked most of the Vita releases up. Would like to think Nintendo took notice of this format since they have a flood previously download only titles getting releases this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Who wouldn't want a copy of Door Kickers for the Vita?
    That's the one starring Ryan Lochte, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    What's a PVM, Progressive Video Monitor?

Yeah, I have a 32" Hi-Scan Wega. The thing weighs over 170 pounds, and I have to pretty much dead lift it onto a rolling cart to move it. I haven't moved it in over 5 years, so I don't know if I can still lift it. The Xbox and Gamecube look pretty nice in progressive scan though.

I also have the same 27" (2003) Wega that you picked up. I keep it for light gun games that won't work on my progressive scan 32" television. I don't know if it's the screen, but the DC light gun games don't work so well with the outer edges of the screen. I've heard that some televisions work better than others for the Dreamcast. It work perfectly for the Saturn light gun games though.

I have never let a mover touch any of my electronics items. They move furniture and that's it.

They slightly damaged my old entertainment center when we moved in the house, and I've moved that thing by myself without damaging it.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I hate letting people move electronics or valued furniture. Some of these guys could break a cast iron asshole.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah, I can get some money for it, but insurance won't cover the hard part: finding another one and hauling it to my house.
    Do you even lift?