Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yooka-Laylee (PC, PS4, One, Wii U)

Yooka-Laylee (PC, PS4, One, Wii U)

I think this was covered in the Kickstarter thread but never got its own. Anyway, there's a new Gamescom trailer:

I like the music, but nothing else is doing it for me.

2. Wow, they didn't diverge from Banjo. The music is practically pulled directly out of that series.

3. You know that game that you passed on just because you read the name and right then decided "Nah."

4. Sqrxz?

5. Imagine: Babiez. I guess it's not dark or souls enough for him.

As far as western 3D platformers go, this is way more appealing than, uh, anything else, especially Rare, but i wish they'd drop the googly eyes.
    Donk

6. This looks exactly like Banjo-Kazooie, which I guess is what people want?

7. It looks bigger and denser than Banjo, though. I was never a fan of Rare's platformers, but this seems more appealing to me than those were. The characters are still pretty bad though.

8. I played and loved the ToyBox demo thing Platonic released. Yes, it's basically another Banjo. Yes, I really like it because that's exactly what I wanted it to be. No, you won't like it if you don't like Banjo.

9. I have the feeling that I want to play this because it's been so long since I've played a game like this. Then an hour in I'd realize that hey, I did have my fill of this 20 years ago.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I have the feeling that I want to play this because it's been so long since I've played a game like this. Then an hour in I'd realize that hey, I did have my fill of this 20 years ago.
    I thought that too when Banjo was released on the 360 and then played the game to 100% anyway. I'd never done that on the original cartridge. Don't know if it was the better controls or just that I hadn't played a game like in a long enough time to enjoy it again, but I played the whole thing front to back. It's been a good while since then and I'm thinking it's about time for another.