Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: REZ Infinite (PS4, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Welcome to about 2014.
    Yeah but there were games where that was not going to happen (and you could often tell). Now it is almost assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah but there were games where that was not going to happen (and you could often tell). Now it is almost assured.
    Probably a topic for a different thread, but not even SpoDaddy could make a compelling list of games in the last three years that didn't come to PC that weren't from Sony or Nintendo. I can't even think of a real poster boy example since Red Dead Redemption, and that was 2010.

3. I think that seeing Assault Suit Leynos and Wild Guns Reloaded make it to Steam was a bit of a turning point for me from "eh this Japanese game might make it but probably not" to "it probably will".

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Probably a topic for a different thread, but not even SpoDaddy could make a compelling list of games in the last three years that didn't come to PC that weren't from Sony or Nintendo. I can't even think of a real poster boy example since Red Dead Redemption, and that was 2010.
    Persona 5. All the Yakuzas. Sunset Overdrive.

It's not a lot, but there are some.

Sega/Atlus have already publicly discussed Persona and Yakuza coming. Even if they don't, that post is evidence for my claim, as they are all far more niche than Red Dead.

edit: Although not as good, Destiny might be the most recent mass market example. I forgot about it, because everyone else will in five years too.

6. Assuming Cave keeps porting their games onto Steam, with a few notable exceptions there's almost nothing I'd feel any desire to own a console/handheld for now.

Very top of my wishlist is probably seeing Ogre Battle / Tactics Ogre / Final Fantasy Tactics games ported. If that happened I can't think of any third-party titles that would really be drawing me. Maybe the mainline Dragon Quest stuff, but I don't care as much about that.

I would and do still miss Fire Emblem and Pokemon games. And decent versions of the the old arcade games that DotEmu has handled for PC.

But besides that... I'm past 1,300 games on Steam now, my wishlist is coming up on 500, and I'm feeling just fine about only having a gaming budget for PC.

7. I'm hoping that someday soon there will be a handheld PC capable of running most of my Steam Library.

Anyhoo, is there any reason to buy this game if I don't own a headset and I already have the 360 port?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Anyhoo, is there any reason to buy this game if I don't own a headset and I already have the 360 port?
    Depends on how much you like Rez. It will look better with 4k support, etc, but that doesn't mean anything if you don't feel like playing the game again.

Area X is amazing, but wouldn't be worth $20 on its own to most people.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Some. It's has some enhancements, like sharper textures than the 360 version, and support for higher resolutions. But also there are more control options like being able to use a mouse (and motion controls in VR). These are a double edged sword, because they make the game a lot easier, but it feels nice to have such intuitive controls.

And then there's Area X, which again, is basically a one-level sequel more than it is a "new level" of the original. It's a totally new thing, built from the ground up in a different engine, with different controls and gameplay. Opinions of it seem to vary wildly from "It's just ok" to "It moved me to tears," so it's highly subjective, but for me, playing it in VR with the music cranked, it was one of the single best gaming experiences I've ever had. I don't want to oversell it because I know it won't be that for everyone, but it really hit me hard for reasons that are hard to explain.

Rez is one of those evergreen games that I like to keep handy and replay whenever the mood hits me. If it's that for you too, then yeah, it's a great port. If you've had your fill and you just want the new stuff, it's really only maybe 15 minutes of new content, so maybe wait for a sale.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 11 Aug 2017 at 09:29 PM.

10. On a slightly different note, when Rez HD first came out I remember having a blast competing on the leaderboards with what was left of the old Sega forum / DCGB on IGN. My score is probably buried now and I don't have my 360 anymore, but I was up there for awhile, at least on the first stage.

I vaguely remember that there were a couple particular waves that you could drag out in order to get extra enemies to spawn, and there are ways to string the bosses along for ages in order to keep milking points, but I seem to have forgotten the tricks themselves.