Thread: Obduction (PC, Mac, Oculus Rift)

1. Obduction (PC, Mac, Oculus Rift)

Oddly, we don't seem to have an official thread for this yet.

After years of development and several delays, Cyan has finally released their first new adventure game in almost a decade. Although Cyan still has the rights to the Myst games, they opted to eschew the cumbersome mythology of the Myst universe for something new, but this is very much a spiritual successor to Myst.

A VR-enabled version is coming to Oculus Rift in the near future, but has been slightly delayed.

Early reviews seem overwhelmingly positive. I'm holding off while I play Deus Ex and wait for the VR release, but I'm eager to know if anyone here is playing.

2. whoa cool, will try

There's no way I'm supporting a developer that took the Facebook payoff but still wants to sell the retard version on Steam. Fuck off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There's no way I'm supporting a developer that took the Facebook payoff but still wants to sell the retard version on Steam. Fuck off.
    In fairness, if you buy the Steam version, they give you a code for the Oculus version, which you can play using ReVive. I'm also sure there will be native SteamVR support at some point, as well.

5. They've said that any version you buy will give you access to VR once it's out. I'm planning on grabbing the game on GOG, playing it for real once Rift support is in, and if they ever add motion controller support... well, I don't think I can wait that long.

edit, from a kickstarter update I guess:

Everyone who gets the game will get the VR version. No questions asked, no hidden fees or handling charges.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 Aug 2016 at 04:49 PM.

I'm interested
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.