Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Collections - Office Equipment

1. Do you want to be Nirvana or do you want to be Boston?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    The '53 Corona Sterling 5A. I wrote all six of my actors a thank you/pay letter on it. It was fun! I even got the "touch" set at the perfect resistance now.

Click for full size
    Gorgeous, great find.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'd love some recommendations!
    I can't claim to be an expert, but I like this heavy steel 50's model because it was cheap, works well once cleaned and oiled, and the weight keeps it from moving. Royal actually still makes a manual typewriter, but it doesn't look so hot. I'd suggest surfing antique and vintage toy stores. If you buy off eBay, just make sure they supplied a typed paper to see how it writes.

Typewriter site
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I still have an Apple IIgs. Thexder is an all time favorite game. Karateka is also the shit.

Surprisingly, I do not collect type writers. It is a heavy space consuming hobby. The comments about being able to write away from all the distractions is appealing though.

I hear Tom Hanks collects them.

6. I know. I need to find a light, compact size thing to collect like tanks.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Get a Commodore 64 rig to satisfy your hipster need for useless junk, then plug a NES into the monitor so at least one part of it is useful.
    I happen like the C64 more than the NES.

If you had posted that I wouldn't be trollin

9. I bought 4 typewriters in the last couple weeks. Two are with a repair shop. Here is a 1962 Brother Valiant, a nice thin Japanese typewriter. Interesting feature is a 1 1/2 space between single space and double spaced.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 13 Sep 2016 at 06:42 PM.

10. This my favorite one. It's a 1949 S&C Silent which looks like it's rarely been used. Even the carry case (not pictured) is nearly unscratched. It came with an extra ribbon, platen, and the red cleaning brush pictured.

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	610 
Size:	982.4 KB 
ID:	79453