Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: This Months Haul: September 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not sure why that's funny. The guy is a scumbag counterfeiter. Some of those games are still available to buy even.
    he's forthright on their validity, isn't gouging, and (however naive I am or he is) is offering them up for hobbyist use. Which I fully indeed to do, no fucks given.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    $20 a game. Here's the guys Craig ad for one game:

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/vgm/5761033980.html

Overall very knowledgeable and seemed to have a generous stash of certain titles ( like 20 or so Chronos). When I went to pick up the games he commented how many people threatened to report him to the authorities or Nintendo lol.

Gohan I'll post some better pics and open the case, I'm definitely not a expert on this stuff. The board was a cheap Asian one used in a few other games. No major complaints with the case, it's not first party quality but close enough. He had a odd mix of donor and manufactured repros.
    Cool. I'm not intending to get back into the repro business, but I want to make boots of a few regularly played games so I don't always have to grab the flash cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    he's forthright on their validity, isn't gouging, and (however naive I am or he is) is offering them up for hobbyist use.
    If he were completely forthright in their validity, he'd make it obvious on the label that it's a repro. How many of his games do you think have wound up on ebay and passed off as original?

4. Yeah... I tend to agree with Yoshi on that. I have no problem buying boots like that, but make the label PAINFULLY obvious.

It can't be painfully obvious or you ocd fucks would never buy them.

Us OCD fucks would never buy counterfeits.

7. This Months Haul: September 2016

That's true.
    Earthbound and Hagane aside, really. Even then I still bought Earthbound legit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not sure why that's funny. The guy is a scumbag counterfeiter. Some of those games are still available to buy even.
    lol
    Boo, Hiss.

meh. I'm not going to lose sleep over something so easily detected as a copy.

10. I don't mind repros. For most of the games and tons of other ones the only way to get them is to buy used. Though for me I'll gladly buy a game on VC and buy the repro to play on the actual system. I just don't see an issue with not paying some asshole on ebay 400 bucks for a game if I can just get a repro or make my own repro cheaper.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.