Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: This Months Haul: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I say fuck it. If I want to make my little sister a harvest moon for the snes with a super scope six cart, I will, and you can eat my dick.
    This is why I like you.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have no problem with people making their own versions of released games. I do have a problem with people selling them. There are a million other ways to play a game if that's really all you want to do. But if you have a mental disease that compels you to have a cart on your shelf that says Little Samson and so you'll pay some pirate even $.01 for a bootleg, well that's your problem and fuck you.
    I had a longish post typed out basically asking why the fuck you, but I get it. Selling used games is your bread and butter, and people encroaching on that is shitty as fuck. In my defense to not get a fuck you, I have no problem buying used carts and CDs. For 90% of what I want I gladly do it. Hell I bought Ys V on SFC not that long ago knowing full well I'd play the game on my ED with the english translation. For me I like playing on original hardware. I have nothing against emulation, but it's not for me any more. I see repros as another option when dealing with shit that collectards have driven up beyond reasonable pricing, and if I can support it on another platform through a port or official emulation I will. Rondo of Blood for instance, it's not even a rare game, and people who don't know how to use ebay have driven it up high in price. I bought the PSP version, I bought it on the Wii VC, I also own a pressed reproduction with the english translation from the PSP version already applied to it. That's also the only repro I have on my Duo that I didn't make myself. I've bought a bunch of shit on my duo in Japanese and then burned the english versions. I don't think that warrants a fuck you or makes me a douche, but I get where you're coming from.

I think there was a point to this post.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I too had a longish post typed out, but it kinda repeated the same thing over and over.
    I don't think supporting bootleggers does the game scene any good, that's all there is to it. They're just games and no one has a natural right to playing every game they've ever wanted to play.However, I'm not really going to think any less of Shinjohnpv in any kind of important way because he bought a bootleg version of a real game. But it will bug me when it gets brought up and since this is the internet everything must be blown out to the extreme. So I say fuck you and you're a douche, but I don't really mean it all that harshly. I love you fam.

I didn't think so many people would take this shit personally. But since it does maybe that says something too?

We're just talking, I don't see anyone getting mad here.

5. Mad? Maybe not. Defensive? Absolutely.

I'll say it more strongly in a specific case. If you make a bootleg of a game that is intentionally indistinguishable from a legitimate copy of that game, you're an indefensible douche and fuck you.

I don't disagree.

8. I thought it was good discussion, and actually pretty civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

I didn't think so many people would take this shit personally. But since it does maybe that says something too?
    I'll just say you're one of the posters I have the most respect for here. So take that as you will.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'll say it more strongly in a specific case. If you make a bootleg of a game that is intentionally indistinguishable from a legitimate copy of that game, you're an indefensible douche and fuck you.
    I think we should differentiate between "make" and "sell" here. If I want to try to recreate the original Great Expectations serials to have a reading experience closer to that of its original audience than what any bound volume affords, I don't think I'm an indefensible douche and no fuck you, me. When I try to pass it off as an original to someone else, I am an indefensible douche and yes fuck you, me.

If I sell it to someone as a reproduction, no fuck you, me. If that person turns around and sells it as an original, I really don't think I'm culpable -- no fuck you, me.

Also, back on topic, I bought KoF XIV on the reports of improved netcode. I hope it's good despite looking dumb and being poorly received while in development. I also got Margaret Atwood's new graphic novel, Angel Catbird. I hope it's good despite looking dumb and being poorly received while in development.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 06 Sep 2016 at 03:09 PM.

10. I respect everyone's view on the subject. I enjoy the game library I've amassed as much as anyone with movies, books, or music. 10 or so bootlegs scattered throughout doesn't mean shit because I'm the one who will play them and happily acknowledge they are fake to anyone looking at them. And closeup if you can't tell they are fake...well you are fucking dumb. Repros are not a active interest of mine, the timing of ten games I have a interest in popping up cheap and close by was a much a factor as anything. Not going to purposely focus time to high quality fake game purchasing.
    Last edited by Low; 06 Sep 2016 at 05:37 PM.