Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat

I lived next to the Ballard locks last year. Fried fish was criminally priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    probably to pay the overhead on the building. All that coastal shit cost a premium.

That and to take advantage of tourist.
    Mostly the second.

There's a place on Markham St. here that has fresh seafood that they get driven in from the coast every day. It's obviously not targeted at tourists, and it's almost literally served out of a shack, but it's still pricey, because it's not mass produced shit.

4. Good seafood is pricey.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There's a place on Markham St. here that has fresh seafood that they get driven in from the coast every day. It's obviously not targeted at tourists, and it's almost literally served out of a shack, but it's still pricey, because it's not mass produced shit.
    I wouldn't mind paying for that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Good seafood is pricey.
    But, I'm an American. I want it cheap and in my belly as fast as you can!!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying for that.
    I'm down any time you're in town. This is the place: http://www.saltboxseafoodjoint.com/

8. Finally, we see a picture of Yoshi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	79411
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Put a Galaga t-shirt on him and that's Yoshi alright.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. We have a local place that will give you all the fried catfish, hush puppies, french fries, and fried corn for 10 bucks.

3 fried fish with fries is like 15 bucks in other states.
    It's closer to $20-$25 here.