Thread: Yakuza 6 (PS4)

Yakuza 6 (PS4)

Tain brought the fact that this game will contain Virtua Fighter 5: Final Shodown to my attention on Twitter, which made me look for a thread. I couldn't find one, so here we are. This video analyzes the demo included with the recently released (in Japan) remake:

2. There are SIX of these???
    Boo, Hiss.

At least eight actually, excluding remakes. There's a zero and a historical gaiden.

edit: I forgot about Dead Souls and the PSP games. There's a bunch.

4. Is it all a continuation of a story? That'd be damn impressive if so.
    Boo, Hiss.

The main series more or less is, though they stand alone well too.

6. My first game in the series was part 4, which was free on PS+ last year. I just finished a few months ago and thank god Yakuza 5 was free on PS+ last month. It'll take me a year to beat that one as well. I'll need to clear some space of my PS3 HD first.

I loved this series before I even played it because I always thought of it as the continuation of Shenmue and Streets of Rage. Yakuza 4 lived up to those expectations for me.

The mainline games are all connected so part 4's story was a lot to take in because of all the history of the relations of gangs and characters. They do a good job catching you up with the story scenes, and they even included videos of cutscenes of all previous games, but it's still a lot to take in.

I found Yakuza 4's story to be more entertaining than I thought it would be. The 4 perspectives of the story was pretty interesting and by the end I wanted to see how it ended more than I just wanted to scramble to get it over with. There's so much shit in the world though, I didn't bother with any side stuff because I'd never finish the game.

I don't want to get hyped up for VF5 being in Yakuza 6 until it's official from Sega. I somehow feel like it's too good to be true and someone misquoted a Sega representative. ...Is it legit?

7. I have put significant time in 1 and Dead Souls. DS is just a wacky game, it is a lot of fun.

8. Dead Souls still has people shopping during a zombie apocalypse. It's not wacky. It's true to life.

9. I loved Yakuza 1, and found Yakuza 3 to be a very strange but still interesting game. Did not play 4 or 5. I'm probably on board for 6.