Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Battle Garegga rev 2016 (PS4)

1. The premium edition looks pretty nice, I might be too weak to resist.

I've got all the extra shit from the Japanese premium set of anyone wants to throw me a few bones. I only wanted the psn code.

3. Battle Garegga rev 2016 (PS4)

Man, this port is incredible.

The rank graph, the Next Item display showing when the medals drop, even the Special Option displays showing which special option pickups are active: it's so beautiful.

M2 loves you. Buy this game.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Really so glad I had gone for it. $35 well spent. I haven't tried the other mode yet but I bet it's good.
    M2 will always rock. My Saturn bit the dust awhile ago (moment of silence), but oh well... I have this.

Surely, I hope they give us Soukyugurentai sometime. I would GLADLY pay another $35 for that one- hell, even $50. Yeah, I know the Data East PS version plays fine on a hacked PSP, but... this would be better. M2 would likely think of extra modes to chuck in to make it worthwhile, like they've done with BG.

5. Armed Police Batrider or no deal. I don't play shmups any more but I'm really glad this port exists.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Armed Police Batrider or no deal. I don't play shmups any more but I'm really glad this port exists.
    Oh, and that reminds me... Battle Bakraid, also.

7. I ended up going with Raiden V this month over this, but I plan on grabbing this in November.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. BTW, BG '16 is also on Xbox One.

9. Premium mode - Max Rank

For BG16 premium mode, meeting certain conditions will trigger something where the medals will all home in on you and the Rankgraph starts taking off like a rocket toward 100%. Your score will start ticking up continuously, medals will suck in from anywhere on screen, and score extends are active again.

Once it's going, just don't autobomb at any place (if you're shooting and get hit you will autobomb) or die at a boss. Either of these shuts it down.

Premium mode is more fun than the original arcade, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus@shmupsforum
    An update to the Premium Arrange, maximum rank mode conditions and notes:

What we think are the triggers (some combination of these before the end of stage 1)
    • at least 2,000pt medals *
    • no miss *
    • no autobomb
    • no medals dropped

What definitely is not a part of the conditions
    • 100% boss part destruction
    • Boss time remaining
    • 100% in-stage enemy destruction
    • 100% item collection
    • Current score

What deactivates max rank mode
    • Autobombing (this will deactivate max rank mode anywhere it happens)
    • Dying on a boss (this will deactivate max rank mode for the next stage even if it's still active when you kill the boss: https://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/v/108403588?t=35m05s)

What max rank mode changes
    • Medal magnet range is the full screen now, and affects both ground and air medals
    • Rank (obviously) climbs up to 100%
    • Score ticks up constantly throughout the stage
    • Item drop order is changed if you're at max Shot power or max Options - the game will ignore whatever you're at max with, and will drop a Medal in its place. Also, the item drop order is greatly accelerated, and feels like every two enemies destroyed drops an item instead of every five. This results in a gigantic rain of Medals that lock in to your position.
    • Floods of enemies in certain spots in the stages - combined with the altered and accelerated drop order, can contribute millions more points than usual
    • Bosses are worth far more in max rank mode than not - in normal mode, all enemy values are the same as in Arcade, but in max rank mode, bosses have at least 150k more value (eg NL2 is 100k in AC, 300k in max rank mode, GS is 300k/450k) *

Reactivation requirements
    • No-missing the boss (see: deactivation requirements, seems to match up)
    • (Possible) Time or Attack Cycles remaining requirement
    • Autobombing during the stage or boss is okay, but you absolutely must not die to the boss to reactivate max rank mode.

NOTES:
    • In Cloud (stage 5), the whole of the boss rush is considered a "boss" for the reactivation requirements, so to reactivate max rank mode for stage 6, you MUST no-miss NL2, MB2, Slayer and BH in one go.

10. Imported the Garegga premium edition last year, was so worth it, flawless port and the art book, flyers and other extras are high quality. Glad it was brought over to the west. Really hope M2 also brings Batrider and Bakraid to the ShotTriggers line, those two are long overdue for home ports.