Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports App

1. You can pick your 'favorite teams' on most major apps. Do you get a David Letterman-style Top 10? Not exactly, but you should be able to figure it out.

Although I'd argue if you're not interested, then faking it seems pointless. They'd probably think you were a weirdo or something.

There is this little old man at work

nicest guy, really

And when SEC football season hits, he's always asking me how "my team" did

Hell, it isn't even just football, he even asks me about the basketball team as if anyone keeps up with southern college basketball

And I've even said "oh man, I'm not sure, I didn't catch the game" and he just keeps on

I'd feel better if I could say "oh yeah, they were down by 2 by the second quarter" and just let him yammer on
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Sep 2016 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    then faking it seems pointless. They'd probably think you were a weirdo or something.
    Would they? Do you listen to people talk sports? Most of it "Oh man, my guys really sports the shit out those sports, and man your team just didn't sports hard enough" and points

Anyone could fake this shit with a list of points and key points

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    There is this little old man at work

nicest guy, really

And when SEC football season hits, he's always asking me how "my team" did

Hell, it isn't even just football, he even asks me about the basketball team as if anyone keeps up with southern college football

And I've even said "oh man, I'm not sure, I didn't catch the game" and he just keeps on

I'd feel better if I could say "oh yeah, they were down by 2 by the second quarter" and just let him yammer on
    You do have a team though.

Watching "my team" and any other team on tv puts me to sleep

Going to a game is something else

Being there, the noises, wondering off to get BBQ Cheesy Nachos, and watching your team come back in the last quarter is fun

Charming evening if it is around Thanksgiving and its sunny and hteir is a crisp cool wind

But man, I can not make myself care about this shit on tv or on websites

Reading about it on a website is like looking up how many fucking notes is in a Beatles song

6. Well yeah...the point is to watch the team play. I can tell if people are bullshitting me on sports because some people I know like to see a box score or something and think they have the game figured out. Sometimes that works, but others, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    as if anyone keeps up with southern college basketball
    Good point. I've never seen any fanfare for this:

You're going to have trouble faking it if you're that ignorant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Heard an interesting thing yesterday. College sports is nuts in the south because most of these schools are in out of the way smaller towns, so everybody goes there and then the big cities for the jobs, so places like Nashville and Atlanta and Charlotte are a mix of fans from all over the region.

It makes sense, but this area is both reasonably big and home to three power five universities, so it doesn't fit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Heard an interesting thing yesterday. College sports is nuts in the south because most of these schools are in out of the way smaller towns, so everybody goes there and then the big cities for the jobs, so places like Nashville and Atlanta and Charlotte are a mix of fans from all over the region.
    I heard it was spite because fuck the north and the nfl