Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2016)

1. I need to stop playing Sins of a Solar Empire the night before work. I'm working a project that requires me to get up
    Extra early to be onsite at 6 am. I've been having dreams about how to conquer the enemies, and I'm not getting much sleep because of it.

2. Holy shit I am really bad at Donkey Kong Country. I loaded up my old save and died 10 times before hitting the check point of the level I was on. Then I got to the checkpoint and wasted another 6 lives trying to get to the end. I didn't get to the end. I feel terrible right now. I guess I'll go play something easier like Dark Souls.

3. when you last played was it on an hdtv? Could be the lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I've been bludgeoning myself with the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon. They should just rename this to I Hate Myself and I Want to Die.

5. I hit a wall with Darkest Dungeon not long ago, all my dudes are stressed the fuck out and I can't get them calm enough for long enough to go through a whole dungeon. Decided maybe I had misspent my money (in game) so I started over. It's a great game but yeah it's brutal.

6. I've finally started making some progress but not sure how much longer I'll play. The trick is, just to forget about your fucking party and upgrade your hamlet asap. Anybody stressed or infected, I just dismiss and recruit new heroes. Thats the hardest part, realizing that every single person in your party is cannon fodder, and it's basically useless to focus on specific party members.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Singularity is rad. Get the double XP upgrade or whatever it is right away.
    Agreed. How could Singularity not have caught on? The time bending is put to good use, and keeps this from being just a BioShock clone IMO. Shame that this was the last FPS we'd see from Raven before they got relegated to a helper role on the CoD series.

What I played tonight:
    Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PCE): 1CC'd to the end of Act 6 on Hard mode. Time Attack- 03'40"78 to score 1,000,000 pts.

Samurai Ghost (TG-16): Not nearly as tough as the arcade prequel (The Genji & Heike Clans from PS1 Namco Museum vol. 4). Still, the final couple of zones are a challenge. Some of the enemies from G&H will show up as bosses, such as Fuujin. The Japanese medieval demon slayer theme is used well here. Engrish fans will love the level intros with gems like "Never for get! Heike's enmity of Soul!" and "Don't be inattention!" A good game to compare this to would be Kenseiden, but the levels don't have the explorability of Sega's title. Sometimes there are 2 torii at the end of a scene allowing you to take an alternate route.

Started Darkest Dungeon today. Played about 5 hours. I like it. It's good! I like the positioning system and team building and permadeath etc.

It's....just a grind though. Which is ok. I just kinda did that with Fallout 4. It's just a long grind with lots of loot and limited inventory. Also, so far, I'm not finding it very difficult. I lost a guy to a deathblow but other than that I've maintained a nice, rotated roster. I've got about 10 level 2 characters, level 2 blacksmith, and I have an OP highwayman with locked-in traits of +crit and + speed. I heal stress whenever possible. I might even try to run double crusader for the stress healing.

Anyway with a good balance between damage and control, and not allowing your stress to build up, the game isn't too too tough. It's just crits that'll get you. SO FAR ANYWAY. I'm waiting for a wipe.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. I've mostly been playing Star Trek Online on XB1. I'm at level 50 and have a Sovereign Class ship (the same as the Enterprise-E), and the storylines are interesting enough to play through. Space combat is cool, especially the Deep Space Encounters, which are just massive space battles with Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Gorn, etc. There's lots of customization for characters and ships, and lots of planet variety. For a free game, it's pretty cool.

10. Horribly addicted to Earth Defense Force 2 (Vita), put in almost 20 hours already with no end in sight.