Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2016)

Ok, I'm done with Shining Force CD after what, two months? The first two chapters that make up the main game were great. Chapter three was basically filler, but chapter four is a single battle where you fought every boss in the game at the same time. You can't make preparations, you can't select your party. Fuck that stage, I have no idea how you're supposed to win. The FAQ for the same doesn't even have any strategy since the author couldn't beat it either. Fuck this shit, I'm done.

2. Is chapter 4 the thing that only unlocks if you have the RAM cart?

3. Youtube has this, does this series help?

Robime: You need a ram cart for chapter 3 and 4. You need to have cleared the first two books to play 3, and those books fill up the entire internal memory if you don't have a ram cart.

KOF: I'll check it out. My quick phone searching only brought up a video of someone abusing savestates to win.

It gave me a good tip, use the heroes as bait as the bosses that was bolting me to death like to do useless physical attacks. I'm not sure I'm going to bother playing through that again though.

6. Doom - playing arcade mode, its cool

Cross Set - only 2 bucks right now, it's a really cool Sudoku-type puzzler. You have to make sure that every row and column has one of every number, and there are X numbers per box to pick from. There's not a lot of anchor points like Sudoku.

Squarecells - Picross/Minesweeper/something else. Doesn't seem like a ton of puzzles here, but it's good. Hexcells is probably better.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 23 Oct 2016 at 01:56 PM.

I'm kinda burned out on darkest dungeon. If you recall I lost my first save on week 46 with only one death. My second plsyrhrogh in at week 60 and I had one bear-total party wipe (lost 3) and I've lost about 7 people overall, but I'm much more balanced and have a lot of fifth level chars. I do want to finish the game but the grind is real. I think there was some missed opportunity here. The runs get stagnant pretty quickly.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. I'm currently playing:

Forza Horizon 3 (XBOXONE) - I still can't believe they managed to top Forza Horizon 2, which was my personal favorite game on the XBONE.

World of Final Fantasy (PS4) - I started this last night, and I'm currently on Chapter 4. I'm not that big of a Final Fantasy fan, but this game has some really beautiful Kingdom Hearts-like graphics, so I really dig the look of it. The fighting system is also tons of fun...stacking your characters offers a lot of variety. A big thumbs up so far!

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (VITA) - I'm slowly working my way through this one...doing all of the side quests....and I never do side quests...so I think that's a testament to just how great this game is. It got it's hooks into me from the start and hasn't let go. I'm only 21 hours in though, and I'm hoping I don't get too side tracked by World of Final Fantasy. Too many RPGs...too little time.

D2 (Dreamcast) - I just finished this one a few nights ago. It's such a truly bizarre game, with a ton of flaws, but like many games on the Dreamcast, the innovation really out weights the flaws. It tries to meld together so many different gameplay styles, it doesn't really nail any of them, but it is an admirable attempt that makes for quite a fascinating gameplay experience. It held my interest enough that I definitely want to track down the Saturn prequels.

9. I'm still working from FH2 also. Great game.

10. Forza Horizon 3 is arguably a better game than Forza Horizon 2, but I still think Part 2 is my favorite.