Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: Current Issue Thread

1. When you get a chance let's talk about it and see how we can fix it Like, the site stuff.

2. are you getting any pennies from amazon affiliate links?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    To tell the truth, something has to give. The main site is not working now, and those, believe it or not, were the pages actually making a few cents. I'm going to have to figure something out, but this affects multiple sites.

I feel very guilty for not giving TNL more than minimal attention, but I am deeply wrapped up in work and personal crazy stuff. Deeply deeply.
    I noticed the main site isn't working but I figured that was intentional. And no worries - just because we're a bunch of slackers injecting marijuanas doesn't mean you have to be. I figured I'd throw it out there.

(Mainly, vB is a beast, and unnecessarily so. And especially so if on a shared hosting situation. I don't know what the deal is but still.)

4. The forums have been loading super slow lately.

5. Hey just wanna say that the password login retrieval email system isn't working. It allows you to enter your email addy and can tell when one isn't registered and which one is, but the email never comes. Luckily I found the generic password that was given to me whenever I tried logging in a few years ago on mozilla's saved passwords (using chrome now). Just thought I'd point it out in case any other old forum members trying to drop by and make contact!
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

6. you sure it just didn't get filed into a spam folder? gmail likes to assume 95% of the emails I get from the forums are spam and stores them accordingly

Gmail is smarter than the rest of us.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    you sure it just didn't get filed into a spam folder? gmail likes to assume 95% of the emails I get from the forums are spam and stores them accordingly

I kept an eye on it and it never came.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

9. well I don't know what to tell you, I just logged out and found the link to reset the password and this is the result:

I also decided to run an email trace on the email you have listed on your account (which would tell me any emails sent to it in the last 2 or 3 weeks) and found zippity fuck all too so my best guess is that it was on a different address that may or may not have a hyper-aggressive spam filter on it hence the email never coming in
    Last edited by cka; 28 Feb 2019 at 08:50 PM.

10. I'm going to guess that some asshole registered about 30 times. Just look at all of the 34 year olds that have a birthday today. Yikes!