Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: The death of Teachers, Guides, and Gate Keepers: The Impact of the Internet on Perspective

Knowledge in stem is not constructed by the student nor is it up for debate while in undergrad. That is how stem works. The material world is absolute and does not change to meet the students ability to grasp it. It does not care about their feelings either. They can however use science to test alternatives while working on campus in their masters or phd. They could also do it at home but discoveries are harder to make from a home lab since most of the easy shit has been done.

This shit is also pretty insulting to female scientists.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Though I don't know why the syllabi keep being referred to as "chilly," that was a fun read. I mean, the author is equating "impersonal" with "masculine," which is actually kind of problematic on its own as a dismissal of group male behavior - which, ironically, is usually known as aggressive or clinical. I *think* she means to say "clinical" rather than "chilly," which would make more sense. "Chilly" seems a little too colloquial for the thesis, haha. But regardless, I love reading pieces like those whether I agree with them or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. But labs are so cold.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. That is also fascinating!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. I'd rather be cold than surrounded by sweaty men.

7. "Feminist view of knowledge"

lol