Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: The death of Teachers, Guides, and Gate Keepers: The Impact of the Internet on Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Free speech is real. But basically, we all just need to listen and apologize.

is there a transcript to this? i aint got time to fiddle fuck with the volume to hear it all

2. I don't think so. But it took two viewings before I realized the tendies mob came after him for sending an email stating Halloween Costumes weren't endangering their lives.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I don't know if I can watch any of it.

In the first 10 seconds of the first one some kid snortled. I clicked on another one and the focus seemed to be that he wouldn't apologize.

Who cares? Really? I never thought to ask my teachers for an apology. I had a racist Chinese teacher that let her Chinese born students cheat on exams. I had a history teacher and another business law teacher that brought their faith into the class.

I never thought to or even wanted an apology. My main concern was "will anything outside of ignoring this behavior get me what I want?"

4. Cheeks: Yale Halloween parties are absolute shitshows of racism. I'm not being cute or exaggerating by saying that. Blackface, Speedy Gonzalez, etc. are the tamest things you'll see. I can't tell you what the news reported in that instance but that shit is fact. The confrontation was because:

- Some new students got there and said, "Dafuq?" (Justified)
    - The people at the party said, "It's just jokes. Don't be so sensitive." (Assholes)
    - The new students wrote emails to the heads of the various schools. (Assholes)
    - Heads of the schools were like, "Whatever. It's just jokes." (Assholes)
    - New students demanded Halloween costumes be banned or some dumb shit. (Assholes)
    - Heads of the schools were like, "Lol, we can't ban costumes. Free speech, bitches." (Justified)

So then they cornered that guy (who is a dick).

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I never thought to or even wanted an apology. My main concern was "will anything outside of ignoring this behavior get me what I want?"
    Neither did I, but I went to a public school while working, not Yale.

I find it equally annoying and hilarious. He just completely lost control of the student body, who attacked from all sides. It's like a verbal version of one of those necklacing videos where the guy futilely struggles to get free, but the fire is already lit.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 03 Oct 2016 at 08:56 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Cheeks: Yale Halloween parties are absolute shitshows of racism. I'm not being cute or exaggerating by saying that. Blackface, Speedy Gonzalez, etc. are the tamest things you'll see. I can't tell you what the news reported in that instance but that shit is fact. The confrontation was because:

- Some new students got there and said, "Dafuq?" (Justified)
    - The people at the party said, "It's just jokes. Don't be so sensitive." (Assholes)
    - The new students wrote emails to the heads of the various schools. (Assholes)
    - Heads of the schools were like, "Whatever. It's just jokes." (Assholes)
    - New students demanded Halloween costumes be banned or some dumb shit. (Assholes)
    - Heads of the schools were like, "Lol, we can't ban costumes. Free speech, bitches." (Justified)

I don't know. I'm having a hard time caring about the feelings of people at Yale.

I mean shit playa, they can't ban stupid halloween parties off campus.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I mean shit playa, they can't ban stupid halloween parties off campus.
    They can't. And they absolutely shouldn't. Fuck the kids asking for such extreme measures. But you know what, fuck the people throwing the parties, too. They're all privileged rich kids who can dish things out but cannot take them.

All of these kids never got teased growing up so they can't handle the slightest criticism.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I think the world you are looking for is cuck.

On topic, I think we are losing something by individual casual education taking place of formal education, but formal education has brought it upon itself with the insane cost and relentless shit shows.

I'm going to post this again.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think the world you are looking for is cuck.
    I don't utilize words that sound dumb. Cuck sounds dumb.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    They can't. And they absolutely shouldn't. Fuck the kids asking for such extreme measures. But you know what, fuck the people throwing the parties, too. They're all privileged rich kids who can dish things out but cannot take them.

All of these kids never got teased growing up so they can't handle the slightest criticism.
    What is "handling criticism" in your book? Because this is how I see it going...

SJW: Those costumes are racist. You offended me and hurt my feelings.

Rich Kid: So? Why do I care about your feelings? Fuck off.

Over the years I've come to believe this is the best and only way to handle "you offended me" complaints.