Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Beat'em Ups!

1. Warrior Blade is really simplistic. It's worth playing through just to see all of the artwork, but the gameplay isn't very compelling.

Capcom released a couple of medieval beatemups where you play as a dude on horseback. They weren't bad at all.

playing lots of different beat ups, really makes me appreciate the more technical ones. Some of them can't stand on their own when you remove the token feeding.

3. If you're emulating, bumping up the difficulty dipswitch settings and giving yourself a self-enforced quarter limit makes them a ton more fun.

Currently digging into Battle Circuit, The Punisher, and Mutation Nation via hacked Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. For the mindless quarter munchers like The Simpsons and TMNT, I just set the controls up so that I can control all four characters at once. Shoulder buttons do different directions or jump for each player so I can fan out when necessary.

5. The Konami ones are all junk. Yes, your favorite childhood pizzaplace one. Yes, that one whose PCB you bought, too. Yes, especially that one you co-op'd with your friend, sibling, parent, or guardian over summer vacation.

And you know what? You knew it was junk all along.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 11 Jul 2017 at 12:38 PM.

You Bitch

These games were fully designed to take money and not much else. We all understand that at this point, yes?

Isn't that every commercial video game?

9. There are a few exceptions. The latter-day CPS2 games (e.g., AvP, Battle Circuit) are honest Video Games.

Isn't like every fucking thing on this earth Comercialized to take my money?