Thread: Taito working on NESiCAxLive 2 & KOF XIV is a launch title.

1. Taito working on NESiCAxLive 2 & KOF XIV is a launch title.

Taito is working on a newer, more powerful version of NESiCAxLive called simply NESiCAxLive 2. Some developers for it will be Arc, G.Rev, Examu, FK Digital (developer of Chaos Code), Square Enix (whodathunk), and SNK.

SNK will bring out an arcade version of KOF XIV. No upgrades are yet known, but I'd guess one or two new teams and probably tougher boss AI. I'm hoping NxL 2 will support 4K.
    Though we'll likely never see NxL 2 here, this could lead the way to a Steam edition of KOF XIV with extra content and resolutions greater than 1080p.
    More will be revealed at JAEPO 2017 (Feb 10-12).

Taito is also working with Capcom to put PC stations in arcades to host Street Fighter V. Yawn. This isn't as interesting as a full NxL 2 release would have been.

2. Sharper textures would be awesome if KoFXIV had any.

3. I thought Square owned Taito? ahhh, yes.

I don't care what happens with this as long as we get a proper Elevator Action 2 sequel.

Maybe a new Space Gun. Dare to dream.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 19 Oct 2016 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. where Cave at

Cave is dead.

6. nah, give 'em a couple more mobile games and they'll be back, just you watch

(yes they are)

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Taito is also working with Capcom to put PC stations in arcades to host Street Fighter V.
    malware at the arcade, what a time to be alive

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I thought Square owned Taito? ahhh, yes.

I don't care what happens with this as long as we get a proper Elevator Action 2 sequel.

Maybe a new Space Gun. Dare to dream.
    A new Space Gun would be good, especially with tethered guns (like Razing Storm) instead of mounted. Taito could really up the gore on this one, with a dismemberment system like that in Shadow Warrior. The good ending of SG does leave it open for a sequel. After your shuttle is well on its way to earth, a UFO follows. It could get interesting to see the aliens attack in various settings (city/mountain/factory/hi-tech office building/etc.) rather than a space station.

Hopefully Cave can get good cash from the PC ports to the point where they may try a comeback in arcades. Anything done for NxL 2 could then easily trickle down to PC, PS4, & XB One.