Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Logan

1. Protip: Going in cold the first week of something will get you better results than three weeks into hype. Your expectations were stupid going in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I saw this last night with friends, all 4 of us walked out baffled by the praise this is getting. Yeah I'll give you the acting is solid, but outside of that we all found it pretty meh. The middle gets boring as shit. There was no need for this to be the length it was.
    This is how my friend felt. He didn't care for it.

He didn't like that they didn't go and stay in one direction. The first half is very dark and grim and there is an effort for a greater narrative on mortality and losing a parent. Then after the kid starts to talk it goes back to comic book world with magic healing potions children that have lived their whole lives in suclusion, acting like adults. Oh, and driving cars. And albinos with bodies that can almost withstand double gernades. It made the final ending where both dad figures are dead feal forced. In a world of lab kids that can magically drive cars and provide magic green healing potions, would there not be a way to save the two dads? Oh, because they had to die to complete the narrative and message of the first half.

I don't disagree with him, but I don't dislike the movie for those criticisms. I too wished the whole movie kept the tone of the first half. But overall it is a good movie on Regrets, terminal illiness, and death and I suspect we will see more movies deal wit this issue as we collectively deal with the death of boomers more and more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

He didn't like that they didn't go and stay in one direction. The first half is very dark and grim and there is an effort for a greater narrative on mortality and losing a parent. Then after the kid starts to talk it goes back to comic book world with magic healing potions children that have lived their whole lives in suclusion, acting like adults. Oh, and driving cars. And albinos with bodies that can almost withstand double gernades. It made the final ending where both dad figures are dead feal forced. In a world of lab kids that can magically drive cars and provide magic green healing potions, would there not be a way to save the two dads? Oh, because they had to die to complete the narrative and message of the first half.
    I actually thought they covered that very heavy handily. The green potion enhances your powers, which would have done nothing for xavier with the claws through his heart. Wolverines was covered that he basically burnt out, like doing a bunch of drugs. Beyond having no more effect, he reduced his healing power to nothing.

Does the middle count as like the dinner scene? I thought those were the best scenes.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Protip: Going in cold the first week of something will get you better results than three weeks into hype. Your expectations were stupid going in.
    It's only been out for a week not 3. It came out on the 3rd we saw it on the 10th. So we did see it in the first week. I didn't really go in with any expectations, just took notice that people seemed to really like it, and were giving it a lot of praise.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Yeah yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I actually thought they covered that very heavy handily. The green potion enhances your powers, which would have done nothing for xavier with the claws through his heart. Wolverines was covered that he basically burnt out, like doing a bunch of drugs. Beyond having no more effect, he reduced his healing power to nothing.

Does the middle count as like the dinner scene? I thought those were the best scenes.
    If you really liked the middle, you might want to watch Arnold's Maggie. Its 2 hours of that grim sad shit. There is only one action scene, so don't expect anymore after you see that one, or you'll be disapointed.

7. It's on my long list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

8. Definitely Shadow King, Mojo's MO is different also wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Definitely Shadow King, Mojo's MO is different also wrong thread
    yea. realized that XD

10. I liked this. I don't need to see it again, but it was good even with a subpar antagonist played by a third-rate Gosling who can't act.