Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEGA- Target Bravo: Operation G.H.O.S.T. (Ghost Squad 3) & new Daytona announced for arcade

1. SEGA- Target Bravo: Operation G.H.O.S.T. (Ghost Squad 3) & new Daytona announced for arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Sega press release
    First up in the video category is Target Bravo: Operation Ghost a brand new two-player game brought to life in a 55” atmospheric theatre cabinet. Players are put in the shoes of a highly trained Special Forces agent. Then using precision shooting, quick reactions and brand new tools at their disposal players must complete their missions. With new weapons, gadgets and equipment, Target Bravo: Operation Ghost also allows players to start at any stage of the game, thereby encouraging them to come back and play their favourite stages again and again!
    Sort of interested. The first OG had some mediocre graphics (TBQH, not much better than the old Xbox) and gameplay compared to the first, and I'm hoping TBOG improves a lot on that. Starting from any stage of the game sounds nice, like the original Ghost Squad where you go back to the stage select after finishing a level.
    Sega has plans to revive the Daytona series with Daytona Reloaded. Nothing more is known. Could it be Daytona 3, or a high-spec remake of all the existing Daytona tracks with PS4/Xbox One caliber graphics?

2. If they have the license again just port 2 to current consoles/pc pls.

3. Weird name for a new Daytona but, uh, let's see it.

4. Awesome!!

You know, I played a bunch of Time Crisis 5 this year in Arcades (there's a Round One and another similar arcade/bowling alley near me). It's such a great game! It reminds true to the ridiculous tone of those arcade games from the 90s, with stupid scenario after scenario (now we're on motorcycles chasing a train! Now we're driving on the train! Now we're driving onto a helicopter from the train!). They added a 2 pedal system for 2 cover spots. I couldn't find a comfortable stance for it but after some beers it didn't bother me.

The released some kinda expansion to it as well, that adds like another 3 stages on top of the base 3 stages, so it's super long. Ahh, it made me love arcades again. Best $5 I had spent in a while. The Luigi's Mansion arcade game is great too.

I'm glad Sega's putting out more arcade shooters! Can't wait. Hoping it's Daytona with guns!

5. I love TC5 (still trying for a 5M score sometime) and hope it gets brought to PS4. That said, there is that PlayStation VR Aim controller which is supposed to offer 1:1 precision shooting and good force feedback. Though it's made with PS VR in mind, I don't see why it couldn't be used for non-VR titles. The R1 button is in the perfect place to be used as the weapon changer. While the D-Pad could be used for movement/dodging, I'd rather be able to pay extra for a 2-pedal setup to use at home.

Razing Storm would be nice to remake for VR, especially since there is a reticle on screen so you don't have to aim down the sights, and this already good game could get even better with a target framerate of constant 60 FPS.

Daytona 2 & Operation Ghost on PS4 wouldn't be bad with some upgraded graphics and PS4 Pro 4K support. These games have been unported for too long. Even a $15 straight arcade port with no extras would be fine for these two.

6. UPDATE: Arcade Heroes has some pictures of Daytona 3 cabinets.

The full title is Daytona Championship USA 3.
    It's running on PC hardware other than Sega Ringedge series or Nu board. Could be something with a spec meant to imitate a PS4/Xbox One config. Sega's older Europa-R board actually has all the RAM of a PS4 or Xbox One (yes, 8 GB). It will have old & new tracks.
    Hopefully the old courses will have their original BGM, such as Sky High for the original Expert stage. "I'm gonna blo-o-ow Sky High!" LOL. Well, that's what I misheard the lyrics as the first time. "I wanna fly-y-y Sky High! Let's go-o-o-o togethaa!". Noisy Roars of Wilderness (National Park BGM from Circuit Edition) needs to return as well.

The version shown there uses an Out Run 2 style up/down shifter (still 4 gears though) rather than the H-type. That could change later, or maybe appear as an exclusive feature to an SDX moving cab version. It sounds like the cool slot machine from the Three Seven Speedway course is gone. Not a deal breaker, but there's no good reason to toss it either. Damage and pit stops still remain.

A live camera system lets you watch the opponent's faces while you race. So far, they're satisfied with Daytona 3 and say it keeps the feel while maintaining a modern level of graphic fidelity. I doubt AM2 did this but it looks like someone worthy has taken the reins.

Here's the attract mode in action. Too bad they didn't play the game in this video.

7. Yup, it looks and sounds great. Mechanics look very in-line with the original from what little I can tell, and while the visuals aren't cutting edge, they're pretty fitting.

Teaser vid is worth posting too:

Some actual gameplay:

I wish the people playing it were better, but it definitely looks like Daytona. I'm a little worried that the 2-way shifter might cause some problems with the classic 4-2-4 shift to initiate a drift.

9. That is mighty retro looking if not very adventurous.

Whatever happened to that 90s Arcade Racer that was on Kickstarter?

10. It's holding true to its name and will release in the 2090s.