View Poll Results: How many tabs do you normally have open?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 5

9 45.00%
  • 5 to 10

6 30.00%
  • 10 to 25

2 10.00%
  • 25 to 50

2 10.00%
  • 50 to 100

0 0%
  • 100 to 200

0 0%
  • 200 to 400

0 0%
  • 400+

1 5.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: How many Tabs

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Ok. How do you guys read wikipedia? Do you open each new link in another tab? Do you ignore links? Or do you stop reading the current page and go to the next.
    Both? The difference here is permanence vs. immediacy. Some people who read wikipedia will open a few links and go through them in relatively short time. This is call parallel browsing. Most people, for example, do this when they're shopping. They'll open a bunch of options off of a store listing in parallel tabs and then go through them one by one. The end goal is either adding to cart and closing the tab to the next option or just closing the tab if it's not something they want.

Page parking is what you do (it's actually quite popular too) — leaving that shit open with intention come back for later. Most people don't. The more useful case is common activities a person will do every day so having the tabs open allows immediate/quick access (a common practice at work using web services). Most people don't actually go back to their parallel tabs that aren't of common use. Going back to that tab and combing 400 tabs is much less likely than opening a new tab and performing a fresh Google search. Some people like the feeling of being in control and having the page "saved". It's also been scientifically proven they hate themselves.

I'm actually really surprised there's so few page parkers at TNL.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 31 Oct 2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I think I'd been more surprised if you didn't get the dig in at the end.

3. My wife, on the other hand, does the million tabs thing. Inevitably I will be asked to pull up a page she has up on her machine. This is not without hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

My wife opens individual browser windows instead of using tabs. Barbaric.

5. That sounds like a lot of work.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    My wife opens individual browser windows instead of using tabs. Barbaric.
    Probably should just divorce her.

7. Currently at 27, and I just closed a bunch of stuff. I'm a parker.

8. A study at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology shows a direct correlation between the number of tabs a person keeps open in their browser and the number of dabs hit before surfing the net.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Wat

10. Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread