View Poll Results: How many tabs do you normally have open?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 5

9 45.00%
  • 5 to 10

6 30.00%
  • 10 to 25

2 10.00%
  • 25 to 50

2 10.00%
  • 50 to 100

0 0%
  • 100 to 200

0 0%
  • 200 to 400

0 0%
  • 400+

1 5.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How many Tabs

1. I decided on 5-10 and to vote for real, as Cheeks' words stoked a fire in my cold, dead heart.

At home, 1 tab. At work, between 3-7, depending on the project I'm working on.

2. I usually browse on my phone. My iPhone 4 wouldn't open up anymore than eight tabs but I don't know how high this one goes. I usually have maybe 5 open at all times (my banking information, my work schedule, my ongoing Wikipedia quest, TNL, and my Google search. Sometimes I have a few more Wikipedia tabs open if I'm planning on reading it later and/or finishing it. Anymore than this and I get all OCD and force myself to close tabs.

Ok. How do you guys read wikipedia? Do you open each new link in another tab? Do you ignore links? Or do you stop reading the current page and go to the next.

4. I usually open a new tab if there is something I am interested in linked from the article I am reading. I then finish what I am reading and go to the other tabs later.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I do. Tell us more of the underwater welding.
    Well I guess that is on me, but wiki did a poor job of separating the two with: "During the middle of the century, many new welding methods were invented. Submerged arc welding was invented in 1930 and continues to be popular today. In 1932 a Russian, Konstantin Khrenov successfully implemented the first underwater electric arc welding. "

Submerged arc welding, which is the one that produces a stronger weld and was used a lot in Russian tanks, is a mostly mechanical welding process that welds under a layer of powder. It was actually invented in McKeesport, Pennsylvania. Implied, but not the same, is the underwater welding invented in Russia in 1932.

So we invented submerged arc welding and Russia used it to build ugly T-34s. And they invented underwater welding and we used it to build/repair battleships and oil rigs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welding
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Khrenov
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submerged_arc_welding

also, have a welding girl that a Russian propaganda site says is blowing up instagram (she's not blowing up instagram).

http://englishrussia.com/2015/07/27/...-on-instagram/

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    That's 13 tabs. What about the other 387?
    well obviously I'm working on 30 things at one time.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 31 Oct 2016 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    At a certain point, doesn't it become easier just to open a fresh tab for the thing you need than search for the already-opened tab for it among 400 others? I feel like that point arrives around tab 5.
    Not really. Keyboard shortcuts make it pretty fast. You can just hit ctrl tab to go to the next tab. And you can hold it down to burn through them. My visual recognition is really fast and deep. Though I have a feeling this is why my memory is shit.

8. Fe take your tab bragging to Slashdot they love that shit over there.

9. 3-5, never over 10 because if you need more than 10 open you're doing something wrong

when I'm working though I have about 5 or 6 individual browsers going

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Fe take your tab bragging to Slashdot they love that shit over there.
    I would think Slashdot would be against it as it bogges down system memory.