View Poll Results: How many tabs do you normally have open?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 5

9 45.00%
  • 5 to 10

6 30.00%
  • 10 to 25

2 10.00%
  • 25 to 50

2 10.00%
  • 50 to 100

0 0%
  • 100 to 200

0 0%
  • 200 to 400

0 0%
  • 400+

1 5.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: How many Tabs

1. Doesn't having a bunch of tabs open consume more system resources like RAM?

2. It saps the hell out of your computer's processing fluids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I thought this thread was going to be about acid.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Doesn't having a bunch of tabs open consume more system resources like RAM?
    Most of the burden of websites are on page load but there is a chance, yeah. If the site has excessive ads or shit running after the fact it can.

5. In my heavy tabbing experience the old tabs eventually leave memory and reload when you refocus on the tab.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. They run as separate processes in Chrome, so they can be suspended and have their active memory moved to the pagefile.
    If your browser is actually eating up most of your RAM, it's probably a memory leak.

7. I usually have about 3-5 tabs open per game for whatever I'm playing at the time with discussion boards and builds and such, a few tabs for stuff I'm flipping through here and there like TNL and Imgur, a few on linked articles from other webpages that I haven't gotten to reading yet, a couple for projects I'm looking up, and then usually a couple for stores I'm browsing through. I used to be a lot worse with usually around 70-100 tabs open at a time, but then I started actively pruning pages that I wasn't getting around to in a timely fashion or just leaving up as reminders and it's kept the clutter more manageable.

8. I finally got around to looking at this thread. 400+ tabs, wtf.

Cheeks never fails to out-Cheeks himself.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

cut it down to 89

10. I'm up to 40 tabs now.