Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2016, countdown to Black Friday

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I picked up Battlefield 1 (PS4) for $48 from Fry's. I was going to get Titanfall 2, but it wasn't on sale. The game looks really good on the console.
    You could have gone to Target and got 3 $60 games for $120. Or, if you didn't want 3 games, return the one you didn't want and kept the other 2 and have only paid $80.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You could have gone to Target and got 3 $60 games for $120. Or, if you didn't want 3 games, return the one you didn't want and kept the other 2 and have only paid $80.
    I just forked out over $404 to a plumber to replace my water heater. We were fortunate enough to have home repair insurance to pay for the costs of the water heater unit, but it didn't cover the permit and plumbing changes for the new unit. I could have bought a GTX 1070 for that kind of $$.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Where did you find that? I've looked everywhere and haven't found any of them.
    Walmart.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I just forked out over $404 to a plumber to replace my water heater. We were fortunate enough to have home repair insurance to pay for the costs of the water heater unit, but it didn't cover the permit and plumbing changes for the new unit. I could have bought a GTX 1070 for that kind of $$.
    ok?
    Just saying, you bought one for $48 and lamented that the other wasnt on sale or you'd have gotten it as well (presumably for $48 again). If you would have paid $96 for both, I'm saying you could have paid $80 for both- that's all! Enjoy the game you did get!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    ok?
    Just saying, you bought one for $48 and lamented that the other wasnt on sale or you'd have gotten it as well (presumably for $48 again). If you would have paid $96 for both, I'm saying you could have paid $80 for both- that's all! Enjoy the game you did get!
    Titanfall 2 wasn't on sale. So I opted to get Battlefield 1 on sale for $48.

The Target deal sounds great, but my money was really tight this payday.

6. I get it now, I read it as a possible also, not an instead of.

7. Ended up getting Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 and pre-ordering Dishonored 2 PS4 today. With Best Buy's b1g1 40% off combined with GCU it was $71 for the two.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I got a doctorate in education!

9. Congrats Melf, you are owning 2016.

Congrats Dr. Melf!

Dude on Neo sold me a pimp Asus wireless router and I'm going to use it and my current TP Link router to make a ridiculous network setup. Even with just the new router setup it's a lot better, the deadspots in my living room are gone.