Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10202223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2016, countdown to Black Friday

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Captain Onvious
    Pikman
    There's a thread for MvC4 roster speculation.

2. Captain Onvious would be a pretty cool name.

3. I'm mad that I can't buy your games so I'm not going to buy your games.

I guess it's good to have principles and stand by them. But it's just games and I think you've missed out on some good ones for stupid reasons.
    It's sorta like the CAG people that will try to get a store to sell them a game at a massive discount, and then say "well, they lost a sale because they wouldn't do what I wanted!"
    I can understand as a consumer that you want to get the most for the least. But these companies don't run on good vibes and intentions. Out of the dozens of games Nintendo has released, a few have gone out of print (because they were limited or didn't sell). I don't understand how you can get upset that a company isn't trying to lose money just to get your business. Nobody wanted Pikmin 3 until it was OOP. Same with MPT and XBC. Those games were around for MONTHS. You can't expect Nintendo to keep a game in production that isn't selling just because it hasn't hit your price point yet. Zelda OoT 3DS went out of print for a while. Instead of being the greedy douches they could have been (should have been imo) and just made more at original MSRP, they released it and Pikmin 3 as Nintendo Selects titles. Guess what, they're back to no one wants them again (relatively). The Wii version of Pikmin 2 LAUNCHED as a Nintendo Selects, and again it wasn't met with outstanding sales. It sat and sat until it finally dried up and then the collectors decided en mass that they had to have it and the $20 game was for a while getting $80 on the secondary market.

If you want to bitch about something, and get me on your side, it's when they announce something for preorder (such as the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition) and then refuse to meet the upfront demand for it and keep it limited. That seems stupid and pointless. It's one thing for me to not get something because I ignored it for 6 months, it's another when the item went up for preorder and completely sold out in under an hour. I can't get mad about the NES classic because they said it's not limited and there will be more eventually. It's been a few days since I last checked, but there were over 20,000 sold on eBay. That's insane.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 02 Dec 2016 at 12:58 PM.

4. You have to look at it in the context of the overall market, though.
    Artificial scarcity is not an issue for any other company.

5. I agree with Paul, and I am still salty about FEF:SE.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You have to look at it in the context of the overall market, though.
    Artificial scarcity is not an issue for any other company.
    Exactly!

It doesn't affect me, because I grew tired of their stupid pony and clown show. They create demand by their actions. They didn't have to announce that they were no longer making copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It was just one example that I was giving. There's a multitude of reasons why they aren't getting money from me anytime soon. They released who knows how many Gameboys, and all but a niche model had no back light. They continue that trend with the GBA and don't release a backlit GBA until the popularity of the GameBoy Afterburner starts making waves in gaming circles. There's even more bullshit that they did in the handheld market, that I don't even care to go over.

Sorry Wii U owners, but Nintendo isn't going to give you the next Zelda title until after it's released in the Switch.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Dec 2016 at 01:33 PM.

7. I can't imagine a world where sales of Afterburner kits even raised an eyebrow at Nintendo. That's nerd myopy talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Craigs haul:

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

The Supaboy is....something. Awkwardly sized, cheap construction, buttons seem a bit off. Still bonus for having controller ports and the screen is acceptable. I played a ton of SNES Rampart as a kid. My divorced uncle would flop each Sunday when he had his kids and it became a multiplayer staple. In hindsight it's probably the worst port of the game I've played, also have they done anything with Rampart in recent memory?

At the pawn shop this morning Onechanbara LE PS4 for $5 (thinking that disc should be boiled) and complete Pokey Mans for the boys at a buck apiece:

IMG_1576.JPG

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I can't imagine a world where sales of Afterburner kits even raised an eyebrow at Nintendo. That's nerd myopy talking.
    Probably not. It's just the fact that Nintendo released the GBA without a backlight, knowing full well that they'll get those fools that jumped on the launch unit to buy the GBA SP. I waited until the SP came out, because I just had a feeling it was eventually going to happen.

10. I don't think there was nearly that much mustache twirling involved. The GBA sold great, then when that started to drop off they did a significant refresh of the system; that's their normal M.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!