Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122224252627 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2016, countdown to Black Friday

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You have to look at it in the context of the overall market, though.
    Artificial scarcity is not an issue for any other company.
    This is something I agree with 100%. Only Nintendo seems to be willing to never make enough of something where everyone who wants one will get one.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Disney used to do that. I think they've knocked that shit off, though.

Why bitch about the scalpers? Why not bitch about the buyers driving the cost up?

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    This is something I agree with 100%. Only Nintendo seems to be willing to never make enough of something where everyone who wants one will get one.
    Reported.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Reported.
    Oh chill out.~
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Off topic! Thread derailment

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You're overlooking the fact that scarcity generates want. Amiibo wouldn't have been as popular as it was in those first months if not for scarcity hype. The number of people "who want one" goes up as supply goes down.

I walked into a GS last weekend, saw a whole shelf full of the Ness amiibo I needed when I couldn't get one. I had a jolt of OMG HERE IT IS tempered by "Oh, here they are. Nevermind." If I instead found a single one tucked behind a peg full of Animal Crossing guys, I know I would have bought it. Not being able to get a Tickle Me Elmo sold a hell of a lot of Tickle Me Elmos.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 02 Dec 2016 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Craigs haul:

The Supaboy is....something. Awkwardly sized, cheap construction, buttons seem a bit off. Still bonus for having controller ports and the screen is acceptable.
    I really like the Supaboy. It certainly has flaws, but I have a lot of fun with it. It is kind of big and awkward but it's actually pretty comfortable for long plays. I just wish it had a better screen, but as you said it is acceptable.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It's probably old hat around these parts, but the 32X tech video Scavenger put together was pretty neat. Sucks that no games really approached what they showed it was capable of.
    Read my book and find out why!

10. I tried, but there are so few pictures!