Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2016, countdown to Black Friday

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That doesn't make it scarce though. I can still walk into stores here and buy new copies of the game, it just never got cheap. It was actually cheapest at launch when Kmart had a nice discount.
    I haven't seen a copy in stores in several years. I guess they just didn't distribute many copies up here.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Nintendo's stubborn attitude resulted in a risk free profit for them.
    Nintendo's stubborn attitude has resulted in multiple titles and items being in high demand and them giving the middle finger to those that want to have it. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut off production of the NES: Classic Edition, even though the market demands more. It's like they don't give a shit about their loyal fans at all.

Nintendo probably has a stupid amount of nepotism.

if a big company that makes lots of money fucks up making even more money by not doing obvious shit, its probably someone's bonehead nephew promoted way past his skill set.

I just purchased a legal copy of Princess Maker 2 in english. I'm not sure when it happened but a korean company put one out on steam.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The fact that GameStop stepped up and published more copies is exactly what I'm talking about. Nintendo sticks to their guns and doesn't publish more copies, even though the demand is still out there for the title. That's exactly what Nintendo's million seller releases are meant for.

Just because there were certain chains that had excess inventory, it doesn't mean that every chain had that problem. I could have loaded up on Panzer Dragon Saga for $20, when Toys R' Us was clearing out their excess inventory, but I already had my copy, and I didn't know that there would be a used market that I could flip those copies on years later. And not everyone that wanted a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy is/was necessarily a collect-tard. The price for the title was still high, before the Wii U was even released.
    You realize that Gamestop couldn't publish more copies without Nintendo being involved in it right? Gamestop can't go ohh man there's a demand here I'm just going to make some more without involving Nintendo. Nintendo was involved and made that decision to work with Gamestop to publish more. The same way they worked with Gamestop to publish Xenoblade in the US (which also got a second print run). So no Nintendo didn't stick to their guns while the heroic Gamestop stepped up. Your narrative here is completely wrong.

Lots of chains had excessive inventory, if you REALLY wanted it, it could be found for under retail not long after it came out. The fact of the matter is that once word got out that there really wasn't going to be any more and what was out there was it, collectards and scalpers snatched up what was left. I'd say EASILY 1/3 of overall sales went to those 2 groups. It's like Rondo of Blood, the title isn't actually rare, there's a fair amount on ebay. Besides again, if you really desperately wanted MP Collection right now, its 20 bucks on the E-Shop.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Nintendo was smart to coordinate with GS for reprints, guarantee every copy sold and GS can set whatever price it wants due to them being "preown". Everyone wins.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Everyone was blowing that game out for cheap before, amazing how people ignore that shit forever.
    I never saw it go cheap, guess I just missed the closeout sales. It was full price, I waited for sales, looked around again when the sequel was announced a year ago or whatever and by that point it was usually still $50 and has been since. Still $40 on the eShop too, I'd take a discount for that version even though I'd prefer the case on my shelf.

It's really disappointing that everyone would rather talk about economics of reprints than princess maker 2.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    You realize that Gamestop couldn't publish more copies without Nintendo being involved in it right? Gamestop can't go ohh man there's a demand here I'm just going to make some more without involving Nintendo. Nintendo was involved and made that decision to work with Gamestop to publish more. The same way they worked with Gamestop to publish Xenoblade in the US (which also got a second print run). So no Nintendo didn't stick to their guns while the heroic Gamestop stepped up. Your narrative here is completely wrong.

Lots of chains had excessive inventory, if you REALLY wanted it, it could be found for under retail not long after it came out. The fact of the matter is that once word got out that there really wasn't going to be any more and what was out there was it, collectards and scalpers snatched up what was left. I'd say EASILY 1/3 of overall sales went to those 2 groups. It's like Rondo of Blood, the title isn't actually rare, there's a fair amount on ebay. Besides again, if you really desperately wanted MP Collection right now, its 20 bucks on the E-Shop.
    Of course Captain Obvious. GameStop also licensed Guitarooman so they could print additional copies to sell in their store.

I think you're totally missing my point. I haven't bought anything from Nintendo since the GameCube, because I do not like their business practices, or the way that they treat/ignore their customers. The day that they announced that the Wii was not for me, was the day that was the final straw for me.

There's no excuse for Nintendo to cancel distribution of a 1st party title, 4 months after its release. They didn't do that for a much lesser title like Pikman 3. They create artificial consumer demand by trickling out available units of hardware, software and other items (Amiibos), and they're doing it now with the NES Classic Edition. That's why scalpers are constantly swooping in and boarding supplies, because they know how Nintendo operates.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Dec 2016 at 12:50 PM.