Page 15 of 968 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. On a micro level, yeah, engage him. On a macro level, I hope he's raped by wolves. Pence has far too much to answer for before we give him any kind of chance.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Pence has far too much to answer for before we give him any kind of chance.
    Don't be so mean. At least give him a plastic butter knife and a ten second head start.

3. I forgot, did Rich say you did or didn't have to dress up for Broadway?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    the man who wants to electrocute them straight
    With this context:

http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-sup...rsion-therapy/

This makes more sense:

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 19 Nov 2016 at 03:19 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yes, it's the actors, not the man who wants to electrocute them straight, who are the assholes.
    In these situations everyone turns in to the assholes. Assholes on fucking parade. Zero sum shit game.

Pence is a r'tard. But that doesn't make the reaction right. Woulda been nice to have the actors send a peacful message than a hollering incoherent mob. People here are arguing over who the real asshole here and it's everyone except the actual cast.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 19 Nov 2016 at 03:31 PM.

It would amazing if Pence comes out of the closet in the next few years. He looks like a gay dude.

7. He's going to play Red Skull in the Hamilton WWII sequel.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It would amazing if Pence comes out of the closet in the next few years. He looks like a gay dude.
    You think gay people look a certain way?? Reported for bigotry.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    . Woulda been nice to have the actors send a peacful message
    They did.

The "but Pence was giving them a chance" defense is astonishing. It's like saying a racist white dude is giving black people a shot by taking in a Knicks game. Consuming media produced by people you're telling to fuck off isn't an olive branch.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    They did.

The "but Pence was giving them a chance" defense is astonishing. It's like saying a racist white dude is giving black people a shot by taking in a Knicks game. Consuming media produced by people you're telling to fuck off isn't an olive branch.
    If the choice is Knicks game or cross burning, yes it is. If the choice is Knicks game or Black Lives Matter rally, of course you would prefer the latter. But not everyone is going to be compelled to care to that level, and it's unrealistic to expect otherwise.

I would say going from believing in gay conversion therapy in flyover country to taking in Broadway show while part of the most pro-LGBT Republican administration ever is a small victory. I know it's not everything you want, but take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.